Black Spirituality Religion : SUMMONED

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    2 years ago I watched an Elder leave the Earth, at a young tender age of 75. He was very ill and one day he called his Wife and told her to gather the family- he was ready to go home. As a friend of the family I was there, waiting patiently wondering if the Old Man would be able to "pull it off" like it was a magic act at a cheap $5 circus. How could depart at will like that? He sensed my lack of remorse of him, he knew what I knew- and he smiled at me. I remember him saying "God was calling him home" and at another moment, he mentioned he was being "summoned."

The entire family was filled with sobbing and tears, Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters - the place was filled with water. I felt like celebrating, while everyone else was void of the ancestral ways that played out in my imagination as I sat in the living room. I wanted to thank him for laying a foundation for others to follow - but the grimness of death was in everyone's face- so I left and I went outside. It was at night and dark. I could hear all the hollering and crying still, but softer behind the closed doors. And it was as if He walked outside with me, because the crying intensified, and felt the spirit of the entire house lift up off the ground.

I used the energy of that night to ponder some thoughts as I sat there until the darkness of space. When we are summoned by the Creator is that call also from the living, those who call us through their prayers, asking a spirit to come into the world to assist them?

Are we summoned into the blood line of our parents to do the jobs they are unwilling, wish they could do but cannot?

It is obvious that we are called here and called away?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I remember my father always preparing us for his departure. I must have been about age 7 on up hearing him always saying, "oneday, I'll be gone."
    when he became ill from prostate cancer, the doctors was always giving him a short period of time left. However, he always manage to surpass the given time. As he got older and weaker, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he replied to live just to see it. Well, on his birthday he passed away.

I was in a state of complete awe. I wonder what type of connection he had with God, that he could ask for such a wish and receive it just as he wanted. This and other factors taught me a lesson about death. That it wasn't a time to be sad and depressed. It was a joyous moment. I knew it was because when my father heart and breathing stop right in front of me, and I in a desperate, scared, and lonely moment, recessatated him by breathing my light into his. When his heart started back up, he looked into my eyes and smiled the most beautiful smile I have ever imagined a dying person to do, I knew he was alright and gotton his last birthday wish here on earth. My father had died moments later while in the ambulance on its way to the hospital. While all my other siblings was distaught, all I could remember was my father last look at me. I smiled in my soul while doing my best to comfort the others.

Now everytime I think of my father a song comes to mind..."When I think of home." I felt my fathers presense with me for a longtime after. I don't feel him quit as much now, but he does drop by every now and again.

He got what he wanted, and he was summoned to move on.:)

:heart:

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Nsala malecum,

I recall the death of my mother, my grandmother (Granny). In terms of blood, she was actually my great great aunt, but she adopted my mother because Granny and my uncle (Pawpaw Jessie) couldn't have kids. Granny was my blood grandmother's aunt by marriage. My granny raised me as my mom went to school to be a R.N. and worked as a housekeeper. Granny was the one who got me ready for school, fixing me breakfast and making sure dinner was done when I got home. She was the one I saw before I went to sleep every night. She past away when I was 14. I lost my mother. I remember the day so clear eventhough its been 19 years. The day of her death she had did something to make me angry and we got into a really bad argument. I went to sleep without me telling her I loved her or I was sorry. That night, Granny came into my room and woke me up out of my sleep. She was wheezing - the death rattle. I had asthma so I was really concerned about.

We lived in the country, where our closest neighbor, a family member, lived a mile away. We lived in a 5 bedroom house on our family's land, some 200 acres. My uncle was there that night. My uncle, my blood grandmother's brother and my Granny's foster son, lived at his own house in the city during the week days but stayed with us on the weekends. It was a Friday night so he was there in his room that night. I asked Granny what was going on. She replied she didn't know. I asked Granny if Uncle Richard was in his room. She said shook her head yes. I went and got Uncle Richard so he could take my Granny to the hospital in the city. We called my mom, who was a nurse now, at work at LSU Medical Center. She said she would make sure the arrangements were made to accomodate my Granny. The hospital was about 30 minutes away in Shreveport. I was crying because I knew she was dying. My uncle's old lady was there and she was trying to comfort me, telling me my Granny would be okay. I knew otherwise. They told me to go back to sleep and my uncle left out the door with my Granny.

I went to sleep and the next morning, my mom was waking me up to tell me something. Before she could say anything, I said I know, "Granny's dead." I dreamt it and was given other information in my dream. My uncle said my Granny had died in the car before they had left the yard of our house. My family told me she didn't want me to see her die. For years, I carried guilt about my Granny's death, angry that I never got a chance to tell her I loved her. I believed I caused her death since we had got into a big fight earlier that day.

Some years later, I dreamt of my Granny and crying, I embraced her tightly and told her Granny I love you. She smiled and told me I know. It was one of the most mystical dreams I ever had. So therapeutic it was. I don't harbor any more guilt and I live each day to make her happy. My oldest daughter is named after her. My Granny watches over her. I am happy. As I think back I say, "Ase, ase. Mojuba iba e Ora Gladney Platt", and pour libations to her name, legacy and memory. I love you, Granny.

Blackbird

4. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Ase....

Blackbird (I pour libations)

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Nsala malecum,

The post about my granny is actually a segue to my real post about summoned. My granny's husband Jessie is a prominent ancestor in my life. I wasn't quite a year old when he passed away. For a period of about 10 months, we shared the same house. I was a baby and he was a old man sick on his death bed. I was told as a baby, when I would cry, he would say, "Somebody better go see about that boy or I will." He was sick and confined to his bed space for the most part. As a child, in the house, I would see him, his shadows. Pawpaw was strong around the place. He has come to my dream later in my young adult life and told me I came to restore the family and he would help me. He told me that my birth signaled the ending of his, that he watches over me closely and he passed the ball to me - I have work to do. This was confirmed when I lived in New Jersey by an old Cuban espiritisa, who didn't know me.

Blackbird

6. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I feel honored to read these stories. Queen PM and Bro. BlackBird, it is amazing how these events while very tragic for most has added an obvious spiritual dimension to our lives.

It's clear that many of us here shared a deep spiritual connection to those who were summoned home. Bro. BlackBird I also remember the passing of my Grandmother. I never shed a tear for her at all until many years later. I realized suddenly how much I missed her presence and this chill came over me forcing me to my knees and I broke down confessing my love and devotion for her and all she had sacrificed for me while I was growing up. You see, from birth- she was my everything, we were a team, even more so than my Mother and Father. And so it has been for most of us, even traditionally. A piece of me was summoned away with her as well. She used to to pinch me when I did something wrong, and every now and then- she still does.

I missed her so much once, I concentrated as hard as possible for about 3 weeks straight and forced myself into the spirit world while having a lucid dream. She loved to cook and bake, and I saw her at a picnic preparing food and fresh baked bread for all these people. People from all over the world from all different nationalities.

I sat at the picnic table and immediately went for the bread. She smiled at me and continued to serve the food. She said to me in a scolding voice "now you know you can't stay here." I ignored her and tasted this bread that had to be the best in the world. She continued to speak the same words "you know you can't stay here." I started to look around the place, and I realized this was "her heaven" a world of her own creation, a place she felt she belonged. There was even a version of myself as a child running around. A version of my Father, and a few other people I did not recognize.

I go there now to prepare a place for you?

I obeyed her request to leave, but there was a type of substance still around me, even in life when I awoke. I felt like, If I was to be "summoned" I wouldn't mind. Somehow I understood something from that I still find difficult to put into words. I never feared death, never feared dying - but I fear the feeling of loss, that void, that hollow place that feels like the distance between suffering and starvation. But I've died before. I've been summoned many times, but when your life force is still tied to the planet there is no way to keep you there. Just long enough for you to see what you need to see and hear what you need to hear.

Still, so many of us think death is the end. Each night I practice a meditation of "consciously dying" - that's when we imagine that simply by going to sleep we are going home. We let go, we detach ourselves from all of life's problems, because it's over, it's finished. We allow ourselves to ask for forgiveness and forgive, we surrender our powers to the flow of energy that summons us. We thank the body's energy for it's contribution, we end all engagements and contracts will living beings who will no longer see us. And then, we allow ourselves to drift off to sleep, listening for a call of the next assignment, the next "project" the next dream. Naturally we will wake up in the morning feeling that we have been given a new life, when indeed this is truth because sleep is cousin to death.