Black Positive People : Suicidal Bronx woman saved by NYDailyNews.com comment board

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Da Street So'ja, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
  2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    black people for black people

i'm feeling this story

i wish there was more to this type of help

instead of more people contemplating suicide

:donttell:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I hear ya here , it's a shame so many choose the option of suicide
    it's what the world need more of people who turn a negative into a positive.

4. mari

mari Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    It is a lovely story .. the times we are living in now are particularly perilous for Many Many more people.
    People seem to count their blessings by what they have achieved thus far materially and measure their self worth in exactly the same way! No wonder so many people feel hopeless when these dreams /nightmares dont workout .. and who can they trun to when most other people are robotically chasing the same also?

People need to realise that there is more to life than what 'Magazines Dictate' and wheb they are feeling as low as this young lady felt they need to
    turn their thoughts away from what they can't do and focus on what they can.

For instance if I was in her shoes I would have sold everything paid off what I could then joined an overseas agency .. and proberbly ended up assiting in a school in Ghana .. or something along those lines .

Or She could have trained and become a foster mother ( Black children in care need Mothers) Oppertunity for ppl to make positive decisions is endless for those with time on their hands

Life shouldnt be wasted on "what you can'ts" but should be focused on "what you can"