Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Suggestions: Hairstyles for my daughter

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by MsInterpret, Aug 26, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    My daughter has beautiful naturally curly hair. I want to get her hair done up very cute before school starts. But I'm fighting with her on her wanting to get her hair straightened. Her father and I have agreed about not putting any such chemicals in her hair.

Plus she sweats like her dad and her hair wouldn't hold anyways (poor thing).

She doesn't want her hair in the usually twisted braids like she usually has it, cause she feels she is getting to old and wants to look like a 7 year old...WHATEVER...

Any how any suggestions as to what I should do?

This link is how her hair is now http://destee.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171&pictureid=1891

2. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Ahhh, yes that good old question, what to do with your childs hair! Do you usually do your daughter's hair in the style that's in the picture you provided? Typically like us they want to change it up and do different things. Does she like cornrolls or different styles of braids?

Maybe blow it out and curl it or show her different styles in magazines or shows that she watches that could give you an insight on what she is looking for. What is her idea of what a typical 7 year old looks like? Maybe you and your daughter could met half way? If you do decide to flat iron it, throw some curls in it or braid or twist the front up and let the back down. That way if she sweats in it the front is twisted up and you can always do something different in the back?

Hope that helps a little bit.

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Yeah she sometimes has her hair in cornrows and beaded up sometimes.

But her two main problems with her hair is that, well three:

1. She sweats...flat iron her hair and it will never stay straight

2. Her hair is not coarse it's kind of coarse, but soft and thick

3. She's VERY VERY tender-headed

The last time I tried to blow her hair out and flat iron it I thought I was murdering her

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hmmm...have you tried shingles?

She would look adorable with it? The video below is really long and slow to the point, but how to do it is explained pretty well. I've done my nieces hair like this. She loved it and want me to do it again for school. She doesn't like her hair in her face, so she sported hers with a soft hairband.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJtn8DlIzc

:heart:

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Thanks Purple Moons

And the little girl in the video has hair just like my daughter's

I wish my daughter would sit still like that tooo:SuN049:

But I did sometime almost similar to do that but I think it was the wrong foam hold product cause it caused her hair to flake up bad.

But I'm not going to personally do her hair this time, I am gonna take her to a hairdresser to do that.

But that style is cute!

6. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    You don't have to use all the different types of products though. Just search youtube for shingling natural hair. There are many examples on how to do it.

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    yes, i find the gel can get real flaky. Garnier Fructis makes some good styling gel that seems not to flake as much and hold pretty good.

Heres another style i love, done by Kimmaytube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuhamqzKbNI&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCc1alDJgz4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

The curl shaping spray gel by Garnier Fructis Style works real good for this style. When I do mines i do it semi wet. That creates a more define curl pattern. For her hair length, instead of the bantu knot at the ends, rollers work best.

8. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    There are children hairstyles threads on both lhcf and np, but they probably don't want their little ones face all over the net so I can't post any.

Your daughter is so cute!