Suggestion: New Membership Category?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by anAfrican, Apr 10, 2009.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Builder Members: Family Builder, Community Builder, Nation Builder. ($20, $25 & $30? $20, $30 & $40? $20, $35 & $50? the "value" that would account for the extra cost is in actually doing something toward Moving Us Forward.)

these are Working Forums: actually doing "skyscraper building" by articulating and addressing the issues that face Our Greater Community.

members would have administrative rights to the threads that they start so as to enforce staying on topic and weeding out detractors. nation would have admin rights (*for their threads*) to community and family; community would admin rights(*) to family; family would have admin rights(*) to family; otherwise all have member access. premium members would have guest access; members and guests would have NO access. (any copying of content from builder forums to general forum would retain the administrative rights of the originator of the thread from which content was copied. thus "rights holders" could remove any builder member's content which was "stolen".)

being, essentially, a "virtual office/corporation", "ideally" this area would allow for encrypted p2p access between members; once logged in, the site and all members logged on become one big computer - with the video, audio and application speed of sitting in front of "your" computer when it is in london and you are in baton rouge - with every user being another "device" on everybody's computers. (the areas of members' puters that are part of the "neural net" are user selectable - like any other sharing.) java, javascript, flash, activex not required at all for anything. (video and audio are just bits in a stream; telling them where to place themselves on a screen is straightforward not actually "requiring" the other stuff.)

collaboration on music, files, application development, gaming.

of course, this is "blue sky" thinking ("the sky is the limit" type stuff, eh?) and would require a bit of work. just something to think about.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    ADOPT-A-NEWBIE PROGRAM

ADOPT-A-NEWBIE PROGRAM

I know that over the years, many members have sponsored another member's Premium Membership. IMO, it is NOT the tenured members who need be convinced of the need/importance of site support through Premium Membership. They already know.

However, IMO, it would be beneficial to the site's survival and prospering to encourage NEW MEMBERS as they join; and, hopefully, this "program" will inspire them to stay Premium Members.

So, because there is already precedence for it, I thought an "official" program for such would help generate/increase the Premium Membership rolls as well as exemplify Destee.com's Mission Statement: "We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Black People. No Hate allowed."

Here's how it could work:

CURRENT Premium Members would sign-up to "ADOPT" a new member, thereby agreeing to sponsor one new member's premium membership for ONE MONTH.

Site Administration would compile a list of "NEW MEMBERS" to the site and send out messages to them asking if he or she would like to be "adopted" for 1 month and agree to the terms of the "adoption."

***At first, perhaps, sister-to-sister and brother-to-brother "adoptions" may work best so no one will think any member is trying to "get a hook-up" thru the adoption! :lol:

Each veteran member would then "pick-a-newbie" to sponsor and "WELCOME/COACH/GUIDE/EXPLAIN/BEFRIEND" the new member through SITE NAVIGATION:

1. How To Send a USER NOTE.
    2. How To Send a Profile Message.
    3. How To Send a Private Message
    4. How To use the features of the CHAT ROOM.
    5. How To use the SEARCH function.
    6. etc...

If the new member decides not to continue participation in Premium Membership, it still is no loss to Destee.com. The site will still receive that $10 for the month sponsored.

IF at the end of that month the new member DOES decide to continue their premium status, he or she will, IN TURN, agree to SPONSOR a new member for a month, "Passing It Forward."

(Also, new and veteran members could also utilize the 10 INVITES on their profiles in order to bring even more people to the site.)

****This proposal does not apply to ME. I just thought this could be a way to increase Premium Membership and spur site involvement.

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    <drat!>

i was gonna say "470 views and finally somebody is gonna comment on my idea of "Builder Memberships" ...

shoulda known better ... smh

oh well ...

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

sister cherryblossom,

What was the final outcome, if any, to this idea? We are having a Premium Member Chat meeting, and I would like to bring this forward.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother anAfrican ... thank you for the suggestions, but i can't hardly keep up with what we have right now, let alone add all of that.

Our current Premium Membership effort is old, trusted, simple and hardly supported, as most won't take part in it.

I appreciate your suggestions, apologize for responding so late, and hope we will grow to the place you've envisioned.

I Love You!

:heart:

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother Clyde ... i responded to Sister Cherry's suggestion here, and have included it below as well :

Destee

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

Thanks Sister Destee,

After clicking the link you provided, I read over it and was quite impressed with Brother Gladiater providing Premium Membership for Brother Alkebulan. That act of unselfishness by Gladiater is what you identify as "moved in their spirits to do," I think.

Well, I'm hoping that others reading these exchanges will likewise be moved in a way to adopt a newbie and perhaps more...Peace In my sister friend.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Clyde ... if memory serves me properly, i believe Brother Gladiator was the first Member to ever buy another Member, Premium Membership.

In fact, he bought Brother Alkebulan a whole year! That was when we first launched Premium Membership, if no mistake.

Since that time, many Members have done the same for others, yes, they surely have.

Their help, and that of all the Premium Members, is how we are still here now ... talking today.

Love You!

Destee

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

Thats great and music to my ears, for real Sister Destee...see you in tonight's meeting:).