Violaters / Violations : Suggestion; a Clear Ddefinition of Hate

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Black People. No Hate Allowed

This is the reason why I come to this website each day, in a serious attempt to find folks of like mind who are realy concerned about the situation that the Black community across the nation is going through,
at present,
and hopefully find folks who i can shae emials with and work nationaly with, for the benefit of Building With Black People.

The incidents , recent incident s in what is now called Egypt, make it clear that sites like this are exceleent places where sisters and brothers can brainstrom real viable solutions to the

Crisis in Black education
Black economics,
Black youth issues
Back relationship issues

Understandably many folks are doing things in the various states where they are at, but the success if even minor, in Egypt, seriously points to the true possiblilty of something real and concrete coming from sustained dialogue on the issues confronting all of our families.

However every now and then folks have a desire to throw temper tantrums,
throw pot shots from no where

and make personal attacks on other members on posts , and making remarks unrelated to the post, and what ensues at times is a sort of tag team effect, of others joining in of bashing certain members

as though it was a from of fun and excitement,
in creating flame wars

therefore as a suggestion I ask if the term

"No Hate Allowed" could be spelled out cleary and delineated to exactly what it means and exactly what behavior, and types of behaviors it is describing

Thank you :luvv:

i think mr fuller said to avoid conflict avoid contact

in the past i have felt that certain members were hating on me.
i have placed those members on ignore and continued on my way in peace.

the ignore feature is a part of the premium membership.

if a person does not want to take premium membership and still wishes to use the site IMO that places an even greater burden on them to add value.

some members may enjoy "poking" at other members.
it is not necessary to respond to every thing that every one posts.
if i feel that a post to me is silly or counter productive i do not respond to it.
if people find that there is no response they will go away.

i may not be able to control what other people do. i cannot stop somebody from hating.
i can control what my response is however.

peace

We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Black People. No Hate Allowed

This is the reason why I come to this website each day, in a serious attempt to find folks of like mind who are realy concerned about the situation that the Black community across the nation is going through,
at present,
and hopefully find folks who i can shae emials with and work nationaly with, for the benefit of Building With Black People.

The incidents , recent incident s in what is now called Egypt, make it clear that sites like this are exceleent places where sisters and brothers can brainstrom real viable solutions to the

Crisis in Black education
Black economics,
Black youth issues
Back relationship issues

Understandably many folks are doing things in the various states where they are at, but the success if even minor, in Egypt, seriously points to the true possiblilty of something real and concrete coming from sustained dialogue on the issues confronting all of our families.

However every now and then folks have a desire to throw temper tantrums,
throw pot shots from no where

and make personal attacks on other members on posts , and making remarks unrelated to the post, and what ensues at times is a sort of tag team effect, of others joining in of bashing certain members

as though it was a from of fun and excitement,
in creating flame wars

therefore as a suggestion I ask if the term

"No Hate Allowed" could be spelled out cleary and delineated to exactly what it means and exactly what behavior, and types of behaviors it is describing

Thank you :luvv:

Brother Ankhur ... in response to your request of a clear definition of hate ... the following, from Our Mission Statement, is the best i have to offer ... :

We want those who consider themselves grown, to demonstrate that here. Make right and proper choices, basically things most learned as a child. If you can't do that, or don't know what right and proper is, you will not be allowed to remain here. We just don't have the time or wherewithal to teach you. We need Sisters and Brothers that already know right from wrong, what's considered proper, respectful, etc.

While the word "hate" is not mentioned above specifically, it is included in the "etc."

We do not have time to teach any adult these basic things ... love, hate, respect, etc.

We are more than willing to be flexible enough to allow you (and everyone) your own definition for these terms, and subsequently, your right to manifest the definitions you believe. If those manifestations cross the line, interfere with our mission, we'll let that Member know. If you feel a Member has violated our hate policy, or any policy, create a thread, present the evidence, and we will evaluate it.

Brother Ankhur ... you are as much of a problem, as all those you point fingers at.

We have been going through this for some time, and your own involvement in the interactions you have here, will not be overlooked.

By continually being involved in mess, you are part of the mess, responsible for the mess, and will suffer the consequence of the mess.

We can't raise you. We can't teach you how to interact respectfully with other Black People, in a way that yields positive results. We can't referee your interactions with others. We can't babysit your decisions, after they have gone wrong, after you and whomever you chose to interact with, fell out. We can't pick up, and put back together again, the broken pieces of your interactions with other Sisters and Brothers. We struggle to do this for our own selves. We can't do it for you or anyone else.

That is not our job. You are responsible for your own self. You are responsible for your own choices, and subsequent circumstance.

That is not on us ... and if it were ... it's made all the more impossible ... because you won't focus on your own behavior.

We are not professional therapists, counselors, or any of those things.

We've done all we can do. If you can't negotiate positive end results, with folk on this site, maybe you need to go to another site.

I'd hate for that to be the end ... but each Member determines that for their own selves ... one way or another.

Again ... if you see someone demonstrating hate, however you define it ... let us know ... and we will let you know if it violates our rules, peace, and/or purpose.

If you have more questions, let me know.

:heart:

Destee

Brother Ankhur ... in response to your request of a clear definition of hate ... the following, from Our Mission Statement, is the best i have to offer ... :

While the word "hate" is not mentioned above specifically, it is included in the "etc."

We do not have time to teach any adult these basic things ... love, hate, respect, etc.

We are more than willing to be flexible enough to allow you (and everyone) your own definition for these terms, and subsequently, your right to manifest the definitions you believe. If those manifestations cross the line, interfere with our mission, we'll let that Member know. If you feel a Member has violated our hate policy, or any policy, create a thread, present the evidence, and we will evaluate it.

Brother Ankhur ... you are as much of a problem, as all those you point fingers at.

We have been going through this for some time, and your own involvement in the interactions you have here, will not be overlooked.

By continually being involved in mess, you are part of the mess, responsible for the mess, and will suffer the consequence of the mess.

We can't raise you. We can't teach you how to interact respectfully with other Black People, in a way that yields positive results. We can't referee your interactions with others. We can't babysit your decisions, after they have gone wrong, after you and whomever you chose to interact with, fell out. We can't pick up, and put back together again, the broken pieces of your interactions with other Sisters and Brothers. We struggle to do this for our own selves. We can't do it for you or anyone else.

That is not our job. You are responsible for your own self. You are responsible for your own choices, and subsequent circumstance.

That is not on us ... and if it were ... it's made all the more impossible ... because you won't focus on your own behavior.

We are not professional therapists, counselors, or any of those things.

We've done all we can do. If you can't negotiate positive end results, with folk on this site, maybe you need to go to another site.

I'd hate for that to be the end ... but each Member determines that for their own selves ... one way or another.

Again ... if you see someone demonstrating hate, however you define it ... let us know ... and we will let you know if it violates our rules, peace, and/or purpose.

If you have more questions, let me know.

Destee

Sister Destee please understand , I was informed of doing something wrong, not only did I apologize, but I also stated publicly that my actions were not only

ignorant but stupid as well

I mentioned some things that you may not have been aware of

and again apologized,
for seeming to make an excuse for my behavior

but at that point

the post of my reprimand I assumed would have been closed

however the post went on for another 2 pages??? of

"God Knows what"!!!!!

and a person coming in and not only making a bold faced violation of the rules here by name calling but callling me the lowest thing any one can call a black man who is trying to do something postive for his community as well as take the time to post solutions that folks can use in other states as well

I was shocked that that post got thanks,

but from the several responses from other members here with such negativity and vehemence towards me, and an unapologetic self righteousness
about their actions

for no other reason,

then focusing on trying to solve some of the ills of the black community

is the reason for this post!

and the reason why I ask the question.

Brother Ankhur ... i cannot stress enough ... you are in no position to point to any one else's wrong doing.

You have been suspended, warned, and involved in disruption, repeatedly.

While you are free to assume a thread would be closed, or a violation occurred, these are not your calls to make.

We will not entertain your talk of others, when your own behavior is ... or has recently (and repeatedly) been ... in violation.

I encourage you to focus on what you're doing ... for while you're worrying about others ... you could easily be the first to go.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back