Sudan : Sudan: What's really going on?

Its just me but the response of

...I guess no one cares, I dont feel is appropriate. I care but Im not working and barely have a roof over my head. I think in these times I am not alone. If I could make a difference in lives across the Diaspora I would but I cant but it doesnt mean I dont care and I'm sure that is how other black folks who are conscious feel but just dont have the means at this time.
Said with utmost respect.

I don't. Thats why I asked.

How far back do you wanna go? I have been reading alot lately on the Oromo ins southern "Ethiopia". Did you know they also alledge slavery still exists in modern Ehiopia? Some would refer the Oromo as "Ku****es" even though they are the earliest "Ethiopians". The "Ku****es" in Sudan have, since the time of the conquest of Ethiopia's King Ezana fought against conversion to Christianity. Many Oromo and southern Sudanese still practice indigenous religious systems and the Islamization process is came later after the Ethiopian Christians moved south and westward to subjugate these remaining "Kush" ites.

http://www.africanholocaust.net/news_ah/ethiopianslavetrade.html

While "Arabs" share their part of the blame lets not continue to dismiss or overlook how long various AFRICAN slave trades have been going on. The Dutch and Portuguese were only able to establish trading centers on the coast of west Africa AFTER they destroyed the east African centers of Sofala and Kilwa, breaking ties of this African trade that extended to Angola and over across the Indian Ocean up to China.

Darfur is the remnant of this ancient system of oppressing Africans who attempted to hold onto their indigenous religious systems and ironically the Christians in Sudan are the remnant of the same Axumites that destroyed Kush.

How far back do you wanna go? I have been reading alot lately on the Oromo ins southern "Ethiopia". Did you know they also alledge slavery still exists in modern Ehiopia? Some would refer the Oromo as "Ku****es" even though they are the earliest "Ethiopians". The "Ku****es" in Sudan have, since the time of the conquest of Ethiopia's King Ezana fought against conversion to Christianity. Many Oromo and southern Sudanese still practice indigenous religious systems and the Islamization process is came later after the Ethiopian Christians moved south and westward to subjugate these remaining "Kush" ites.

http://www.africanholocaust.net/news_ah/ethiopianslavetrade.html

While "Arabs" share their part of the blame lets not continue to dismiss or overlook how long various AFRICAN slave trades have been going on. The Dutch and Portuguese were only able to establish trading centers on the coast of west Africa AFTER they destroyed the east African centers of Sofala and Kilwa, breaking ties of this African trade that extended to Angola and over across the Indian Ocean up to China.

Darfur is the remnant of this ancient system of oppressing Africans who attempted to hold onto their indigenous religious systems and ironically the Christians in Sudan are the remnant of the same Axumites that destroyed Kush.

"Prisoners of war were regularly enslaved by the ancient Egyptians, including Nubians.

Soon after the Arabs conquered Egypt, they attempted to conquer Nubia; their efforts were unsuccessful, and in 652 they signed a treaty with the Nubian kingdom of Makuria, the Baqt. Under this treaty, the Nubians agreed to supply 360 slaves annually to their northern neighbors.
After the Nubian kingdoms' fall in 1504, the Funj came to the fore; these began to use slaves in the army in the reign of Badi III (r. 1692-1711)[8]. Following their own fall, the area again became a field for Egyptian slavers; notably, the ruler Muhammad Ali of Egypt attempted to build up an army of Sudanese slaves."

Makuria

"Prisoners of war were regularly enslaved by the ancient Egyptians, including Nubians.

Soon after the Arabs conquered Egypt, they attempted to conquer Nubia; their efforts were unsuccessful, and in 652 they signed a treaty with the Nubian kingdom of Makuria, the Baqt. Under this treaty, the Nubians agreed to supply 360 slaves annually to their northern neighbors.
After the Nubian kingdoms' fall in 1504, the Funj came to the fore; these began to use slaves in the army in the reign of Badi III (r. 1692-1711)[8]. Following their own fall, the area again became a field for Egyptian slavers; notably, the ruler Muhammad Ali of Egypt attempted to build up an army of Sudanese slaves."

Makurian trade was largely by barter as the state never adopted a currency. In the north, however, Egyptian coins were common. Makurian trade with Egypt was of great import. From Egypt a wide array of luxury and manufactured goods were imported. The main Makurian export was slaves. The slaves sent north were not from Makuria itself, but rather from further south and west in Africa. Little is known about Makurian trade and relations with other parts of Africa. There is some archaeological evidence of contacts and trade with the areas to the west such as Darfur and Kanem-Bornu, but few details. There seem to have been important political relations between Makuria and Christian Ethiopia to the south-east. For instance, in the 10th century, Georgios II successfully intervened on behalf of the unnamed ruler at that time, and persuaded Patriarch Philotheos of Alexandria to at last ordain an abuna, or metropolitan, for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. However, there is little evidence of much trade between the two Christian states.

Source:Wikipedia.

This is why I have asserted the existence of contacts between Black "Egyptians" and those in "West" Africa because there was slave trading from the Nile to the Niger River valley. And this trade was established and dominated by Black AFRICANS long before the Arabs, Dutch and Portuguese gained dominance over this system.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back