Black People Politics : Sudan President Bashir answers questions via live satellite for the press...

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by uplift19, Mar 19, 2007.

1. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_3273.shtml

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Maybe these REBEL GROUPS could not AFFORD to go all the WAY to ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Their CAUSE and LIFE would be WASTED...There is no RUTHLESS WHITE CREDIT given to start a REBEL CAMPAIGN

It's nice to see that Pres. Bashir dont have SUCH WORRIES...

Oh well.

3. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    With the US involved in these peace talks, do you really think money was an issue???

http://usinfo.state.gov/af/Archive/2006/May/06-121988.html

4. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah and and it looked like those who did not ATTEND saw it as a WASTE and they trusted their INSTINCT about the MATTER...

From the WHITE HOUSE

Sudanese President Appears To Step Back from Peace Commitments

With all the PRAISE for US, the PEACE ACCORD looks to be a COMPLETE WASTE of TIME

Instead of PEACE (ITS HARD WORK in ITSELF to IMPLEMENT) we will LIKELY see more CARNAGE from SUDAN

Oh well.

5. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    All smoke and mirrors. Bashir is a dictator and a thug. The regime in Khartoum must go. No exceptions.

The U.S. involement in "peace talks" with the Khartoum regime? :lol: The U.S. is the one keeping this regime going.

The truth of the matter is the U.S. government has given Khartoum a pass to commit genocide because Sudan is "cooperating" with Amerikkka in this scheme they refer to as "the war on terror".

http://www.globalpolicy.org/empire/terrorwar/analysis/2005/0429sudan.htm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4624784

6. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    So is it that they did not attend because they didn't have the money or was it a waste of time? Why is one important if the other is true? I'm not following this logic.

Why are we quoting the white house? My only point in posting the link was to show that the US was trying to pump up this peace accord and it seems they would have put resources behind getting everyone at the table, so saying "they didn't have the money to get all the way there" doesn't seem to have any bearing on the issue.

Why aren't we as Black people in America holding the African Union more accountable instead of looking to Jews and whites to solve this problem for us? This is the responsibility of being "free" people...we have to solve our own problems.

The key point for me is that this is not an Arab on Black violence problem, this is a Black on Black violence issue that needs to be addressed from that paradigm.

7. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    This is old news. Goes back to US support for dictator Jaafar Nimieri.
    http://cleveland.indymedia.org/news/2007/03/24728.php

8. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    If you want to set a PEACE ACCORD with MANY PARTIES would you want it to be a LOCAL AFFAIR or REALLY FAR AWAY?

If it is REALLY FAR AWAY do you really believe ALL PARTIES would ATTEND?

They could have moved it to NEIGHBORING ARAB and AFRICAN COUNTRIES but it was DONE WAY OVER in the WEST COAST of AFRICA.

I think it would be an EMBARASSMENT because since your NEIGHBOR COUNTRIES are not CHOSEN in a INTERNATIONAL SENSE they dont have PEACE going on EITHER.

All in all, IT DONT MAKE SENSE.

Just a response from the same WHITE HOUSE LITERATURE you posted. But lets look at the FINAL CALL and PRESIDENT BASHIR comments.

Even Bashir saw it as a WASTE of TIME because there was no COMMITMENT.

African UNION is not UNDER UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT control. It's SEEMS to be an OFFSHOOT of the UNITED NATIONS and somewhat EUROPEAN UNION. The SUDANESE people on the ground dont TRUST them based on NEWS REPORTS neither WOULD I.

I dont know alot of MIXED MESSAGES of BLACK vs BROWN keep CROPPING UP for some KNOWN REASON.

Oh well.

9. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    If "U.S. and British paid more attention to the rebel groups" then how is it possible they didn't try everything in thier power to get them to the table?

So what independent Black institution is going to address the issue? I don't trust the US government to solve this or all of those "activists" who are making noise about Darfur and not Uganda or Somalia...

Great...I suppose that's the answer.