Black People : "Stupid, Dirty, Girl!"

Hi Sister Happy ... i saw this briefly on the news, but they never showed the little girl, and they didn't say if she was Black or White.

I just did a search and found this article ... Call for Riordan resignation rescinded

SACRAMENTO - A lawmaker who had called for Education Secretary Richard Riordan to resign for joking with a 6-year-old that her name meant ``stupid, dirty girl'' abruptly backed off Thursday after mistakenly suggesting that race was a factor in the quip.

Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, D-Los Angeles, canceled a news conference today with civil rights groups after learning that the girl subjected to Riordan's joke was white, not African-American.

Click Here To Read The Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Isis was Worshipped as a God, not just a Queen

Oh, I love this . . .

http://www.touregypt.net/isis.htm
[check out site - there's more info]

Isis

Isis, though worshipped all over Egypt, was specially venerated in certain cities, and the following are among the most common of her titles:

--"The great lady,
the God-mother,
lady of Re-a-nefer;
Isis-Nebuut,
lady of Sekhet;
lady of Besitet;
Isis in Per Pakht,
the queen of Mesen;
Isis of Ta-at-nehepet;
Isis, dweller in Netru;
Isis, lady of Hebet;
Isis in P-she-Hert;
Isis, lady of Khebt;
Usert-Isis, giver of life,
lady of Abaton,
lady of Philae,
lady of the countries of the south," etc.

From a list of title of the goddess collected by Dr. Brugsch, it is clear that Isis was called Usert, in Thebes, Aat, in Heliopolis, Menkhet, in Memphis, God-Mother, in Coptos, Hert, in Letopolis; and "Hent," i.e., "Queen," in every nome; and another important list tells us that Isis was called Ament, in Thebes, Menhet, in Heliopolis, renpet, In Memphis, Sept, in Abydos, Hetet, in Behutet, Hurt, in Nekhen, Thenenet, in Hermonthis, Ant, in Dendera, Sesheta, in Hermopolis, Heqet, in Hibiu, Uatchit, in Hipponus, Mersekhen, in Herakleopolis, Renpet, in Crocodilopolis, Neb-tept, in Arsinoe, That, or Tchetut, in Aphroditopolis, and Shetat, in Bubastis. Among her general titles may be mentioned those of "the divine one, the only one, the greatest of the gods and goddesses, the queen of all gods, the female Ra, the female Horus, the eye of Ra, the crown of Ra-Heru, Sept, opener of the year, lady of the New Year, maker of the sunrise, lady of heaven, the light-giver of heaven, lady of the North Wind, queen of the earth, most mighty one, queen of the South and North, lady of the solid earth, lady of warmth and fire, benefactress of the Tuat, she who is greatly feared in the Tuat, the God-mother, the God-mother of Heru-ka-nekht, the mother of the Horus of gold, the lady of life, lady of green crops, the green goddess (Uatchet), lady of bread, lady of beer, lady of abundance, lady of joy and gladness, lady of love, the maker of kings, lady of the Great House, lady of the House of fire, the beautiful goddess, the lady of words of power, lady of the shuttle, daughter of Seb, daughter of Neb-er-tcher, the child of Nut, wife of Ra, wife of the lord of the abyss, wife of the lord of the Inundation, the creatrix of the Nile flood."

Destee said:
Hi Sister Happy ... i saw this briefly on the news, but they never showed the little girl, and they didn't say if she was Black or White.

I just did a search and found this article ... Call for Riordan resignation rescinded

Click Here To Read The Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Tonight, on FOX they reported that the child was an African-American, then I watched BET for some mention of this and got none; and I have been searching for info.

Here's Another Link to Story

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - State Education Secretary Richard Riordan has apologized for joking that a child's name meant "stupid dirty girl."

In a videotaped exchange at the city's central library on Thursday, a girl asked Riordan if he knew that her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan, who apparently believed he'd been asked what her name meant, replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

Some in the room laughed nervously, and the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that's nifty," he said.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/politics/9080416.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back