Black People : "Stupid, Dirty, Girl!"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Jul 8, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    This is what an old White man, Superintendant Richard Riordan told an African-American child when she asked if he knew that her name, Isis, meant, Egyptian Princess.

And there are tapes to prove that.

In this, 2004, when We have African-American Racists in Our midst, playing coon for Old White Men... this is what happens...

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Hi Sister Happy ... i saw this briefly on the news, but they never showed the little girl, and they didn't say if she was Black or White.

I just did a search and found this article ... Call for Riordan resignation rescinded

Click Here To Read The Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

3. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Isis was Worshipped as a God, not just a Queen

Oh, I love this . . .

http://www.touregypt.net/isis.htm
    [check out site - there's more info]

Isis

Isis, though worshipped all over Egypt, was specially venerated in certain cities, and the following are among the most common of her titles:

--"The great lady,
    the God-mother,
    lady of Re-a-nefer;
    Isis-Nebuut,
    lady of Sekhet;
    lady of Besitet;
    Isis in Per Pakht,
    the queen of Mesen;
    Isis of Ta-at-nehepet;
    Isis, dweller in Netru;
    Isis, lady of Hebet;
    Isis in P-she-Hert;
    Isis, lady of Khebt;
    Usert-Isis, giver of life,
    lady of Abaton,
    lady of Philae,
    lady of the countries of the south," etc.

From a list of title of the goddess collected by Dr. Brugsch, it is clear that Isis was called Usert, in Thebes, Aat, in Heliopolis, Menkhet, in Memphis, God-Mother, in Coptos, Hert, in Letopolis; and "Hent," i.e., "Queen," in every nome; and another important list tells us that Isis was called Ament, in Thebes, Menhet, in Heliopolis, renpet, In Memphis, Sept, in Abydos, Hetet, in Behutet, Hurt, in Nekhen, Thenenet, in Hermonthis, Ant, in Dendera, Sesheta, in Hermopolis, Heqet, in Hibiu, Uatchit, in Hipponus, Mersekhen, in Herakleopolis, Renpet, in Crocodilopolis, Neb-tept, in Arsinoe, That, or Tchetut, in Aphroditopolis, and Shetat, in Bubastis. Among her general titles may be mentioned those of "the divine one, the only one, the greatest of the gods and goddesses, the queen of all gods, the female Ra, the female Horus, the eye of Ra, the crown of Ra-Heru, Sept, opener of the year, lady of the New Year, maker of the sunrise, lady of heaven, the light-giver of heaven, lady of the North Wind, queen of the earth, most mighty one, queen of the South and North, lady of the solid earth, lady of warmth and fire, benefactress of the Tuat, she who is greatly feared in the Tuat, the God-mother, the God-mother of Heru-ka-nekht, the mother of the Horus of gold, the lady of life, lady of green crops, the green goddess (Uatchet), lady of bread, lady of beer, lady of abundance, lady of joy and gladness, lady of love, the maker of kings, lady of the Great House, lady of the House of fire, the beautiful goddess, the lady of words of power, lady of the shuttle, daughter of Seb, daughter of Neb-er-tcher, the child of Nut, wife of Ra, wife of the lord of the abyss, wife of the lord of the Inundation, the creatrix of the Nile flood."

4. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Tonight, on FOX they reported that the child was an African-American, then I watched BET for some mention of this and got none; and I have been searching for info.

5. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Here's Another Link to Story

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - State Education Secretary Richard Riordan has apologized for joking that a child's name meant "stupid dirty girl."

In a videotaped exchange at the city's central library on Thursday, a girl asked Riordan if he knew that her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan, who apparently believed he'd been asked what her name meant, replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

Some in the room laughed nervously, and the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that's nifty," he said.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/politics/9080416.htm

6. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Destee-
    Fox reported that the child was African-American and that the local head of the NAACP (is Dymally?) was calling for him to resign.
    And this articles says nothing about him being the Superintendant.

Kannte--Free Republic?

WHY THEN?
    "An aide to Dymally said the assemblyman had seen conflicting news accounts of the girl's race. In a press release canceling the news conference, Dymally, who is African-American, said Riordan had apologized to clergy in Los Angeles for the gaffe."

And that would have fit so well with my story on "What Happened To The Good Black Teacher?" Oh, well, sorry folks, that one did not pan out-- and I think the guy should still resign; it was a child.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,746
    in LA they have all those gangs doing drive bys on each other.
    how come they NEVER drive by some fool who most needs it?

8. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    James, my bad, I know I should have not had FOX news on my t.v....
    But I wanted to see what negroes would play punks for Billy O'reilly; over the NAACP presumably being upset cause Bush didn't want to come to their party.
    As it turns out it was girly dude: Delroy Murdoche and Earl Hutchingson who is bottom sometimes too.

Sorry, FAM-

They reported the child was African-American.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Brother James, I'm liking you more and more as I read your comments. :lol:

Peace Brother,
    Queenie :spinstar:

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Seems to me that race is STILL very much an issue in this country and never far away from any conversation!

Keep up the great work Sister Happy...for every one that is badly reported, trust there are 1,000 times more that go unreported!

Queenie :heart: