Science and Technology : Study: People Who Are Constantly Online Can Develop Mental Disorders

I found a way to delete my FB account...I've never realized how much I can't stand some of my friends until FB came around...Some of them have lost friendships, relationships, and jobs because of facebook, and it's made them crazier...And it was making me crazy reading what they had to say, because unlike everyone on this site, I know them personally and they would say things that didn't match their real life character.

Gotcha, the main thing is to keep it moving... once you stop moving, things begin to break down...

Peace In,

Exactly, and at my age things breat down fast, unless I have a good break fast.

I found a way to delete my FB account...I've never realized how much I can't stand some of my friends until FB came around...Some of them have lost friendships, relationships, and jobs because of facebook, and it's made them crazier...And it was making me crazy reading what they had to say, because unlike everyone on this site, I know them personally and they would say things that didn't match their real life character.

I didn't know there is a way to delete so I periodically deactivate. But I hear you!

Aside all that...people really get down over social media sites...I've heard of folks killing other people over tweets, fb games and posts...and even killing themselves...it's way too major...but not really.

when you are dysfunctional, everything you touch becomes just another vehicle for your dysfunction.
Before the internet, the telephone was the main source of social communication.. and people killed themselves over phone calls too.. and they got depressed over what was said about them.. and they spread rumors and gossiped and did all of the things that are now being attributed to Facebook. And before the telephone, the same things happened.. and the same will happen with the next great communication technology. Dysfunctional people and dysfunctional cultures will always express their dysfunction by whatever means available.

The more connected we become, the more the dysfunction of those in our circles of influence will show.
The greatest thing about Facebook is that it documents the patterns of a persons dysfunctional activities and allows others to see a dysfunctional persons behavior clearly. It also allows the dysfunctional person to see his or her behavior clearly.. and that confrontation may just be enough to make them want to change. Back in the olden days, it would sometimes take years before you learned how a person was.. and the way you learned it was usually a hard way.. meaning.. after they had cause you or someone close to you some problem. But social media like facebook let's everybody see right away what you are.. and how you roll.. and it gives them the ability to opt-in or out of contact with you.

Grandma used to say, "you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas". I have not a single person on any of my 3 facebook accounts that I can't stand. My Facebook account keeps me in contact with my family all over the world.. and that is an overwhelmingly positive experience.. not because of facebook.. but because my family is populated with overwhelmingly positive people.. and it's all love all the time.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back