Black People : Study: Black pessimism worst since 1980s

Monetary said:
Family,

Check out this article I found on MSNBC.COM. These statistics are very interesting. The statistics are being used to eliminate Affirmative Action. It's very clear in the article itself in my opinion. Click HERE to view the entire article.

Below are some of the results from the study.

Here are a few questions that came to mind as I read that comment in the results section:

a. Is the bold and italicized passage saying that Black people believe prejudice is widespread but White people aren't at fault?

b. And if they (White folks) are NOT at fault, then who is?

c. Could we be blaming ourselves for our lack of advancement in this country?

d. Who is partaking in these prejudice acts against Black folks which are widespread if NOT White people?

I would like to see a breakdown by race of the people who took the survey. How many Black people took the survey? Where did they live? And what income group do they belong since some results were based on poor and middle class Black people?

I get the feeling that WE (Black people who took the survey) are blaming OURSELVES for the prejudice against us. If that is true, everything that our people have marched, fought, and died for will be eliminated. In my opinion, throughout the article, there is an argument being made to get rid of affirmative action for race-neutral policy making.

Am I jumping to conclusions or does the family see this the way I do?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks, Fam.

Peace.

I have to analyze this from a GENERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE.

We have GENERATIONAL PROBLEMS in the BLACK RACE.

There is no REFUTING IT.

I see it as a WORLDWIDE PROBLEM....

ESPECIALLY BLACK MEN being considered MEN and FATHERS...

SO there is some MATTERS (I dont know if they are TRUE but they are SIGNS) that are being REVEALED...

a) We believe PREJUDICE is WIDESPREAD but we also believe our VALUES have changed down the GENERATION.

That's my INTEPRETATION.

b) I think people in the NATION are coming to the CONCLUSION that BLACK MEN are the PROBLEM.

I dont AGREE with this ANALOGY but I say MEN in GENERAL have PROBLEMS not just BLACK ONES. It's just that its EASY to BLAME PEOPLE who are not in a POSITION to DEFEND THEMSELVES as the ACCUSERS on a WIDESPREAD BASIS.

c) Yes, from a GENERATIONAL STANDPOINT.

d) EVERYBODY is PARTAKING in PREJUDICE of BLACK PEOPLE including BLACK PEOPLE.

We have come to a POINT to BATTLE either DRUG DEALERS in the HOOD or RACISM in the SUBURBS.

Raising a FAMILY one will OPT for the RACISM in the SUBURBS.

So there is a VALUE and GENERATIONAL ASPECT going ON.

Generational divide is that wide with blacks.

Dr Lois Benjamin of Hampton University mentioned a few alarming things from her research between pre-civil rights Blacks and Blacks of today.

She said something of the effect:

Typical post civil rights black identifies with the "white" middle class than with the "black" working class. [Somebody hates work in my opinion]

Older blacks of pre civil rights identify with working class blacks and not middle class whites. [Ah very refreshing to hear]

I have witness this myself in my education days but she finds that younger blacks don't know what racism is and a percentage of those same blacks have not faced racism like pre civil rights blacks. They tend to feel the racism in areas or environments where blacks do not have good representation such as business entrepenuerial activities and state government.

Pre-civil rights older blacks find this astonishing but I have seen this with my own eyes and ears.

The slogans of post civil rights blacks consist of meritocracy and individuality. They are more cliches with assisting other mobile blacks on the economical ladder but not helping poor blacks simply because they dont identify easily.

The slogans of pre civil rights blacks is to uplift the race in some way.

This grouping or spirit she states is declining.

Some alarming things but for me I didnt need a book for this. We the 'individual' stand for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I am NOT DONE...

Photo journal: Afro-Bolivian family

Culture

Alejandro wants recognition for the Afro-Bolivian minority, estimated to number 30,000, in a new Bolivian constitution.

He also hopes for a revival of Afro-Bolivian culture.

"We used to speak with our own dialect, but the youth don't know it," he says. "Today's generation is very different. They do not carry the customs with them as we did."

Photos: Evan Abramson. Text: Lola Almudevar.

There was a STUDY I posted in the RELATIONSHIP FORUM about FATHERS imparting a GIFT of WORDS or SPEECH to their CHILDREN.

I guess it is RISING to the TOP.

Not FINISHED YET...

bilde

Rob Widdis / Special to The Detroit News
"I'd rather deal with racism than a drug dealer," says Pamela Dalton, who moved with her two sons from Detroit to Grosse Pointe.

Many Metro blacks feel isolated in suburbs
Better schools, services come with price for minorities

FINISHED...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back