Law Forum : Student files lawsuit accusing teacher of shaming her for not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Student files lawsuit accusing teacher of shaming her for not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/student-files-lawsuit-accusing-teacher-shaming-not-standing-pledge-allegiance-122638574.html
A 14-year-old girl is accusing her teacher of violating her First Amendment rights after he allegedly “mocked and shamed” her for not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance during class, Connecticut’s Hartford Courant reports...

Erin Donnelly
Yahoo Lifestyle

upload_2018-10-19_8-19-17.png
A Waterbury student is suing the school district, saying that she was "mocked and shamed" by a teacher for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance. (Getty Images/iStockphoto)

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Man......am I ignorant.
I thought they'd done away with the pledge of allegiance in schools long ago.

One nation under God yada yada blah blah............... liberty and justice for all.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Man......am I ignorant.
I thought they'd done away with the pledge of allegiance in schools long ago.

One nation under God yada yada blah blah............... liberty and justice for all.
I hear you ogoun. Only in America does our future have to stand to recite something that will make not one difference in obtaining a career but they drop cursive instruction so they'll have to type love letters. Now that's romantic.

Only in America GOD spare us.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Perhaps that's true SOF. I did hear there's some teachers that are revolting against the no cursive exercise arguing that hand dexterity and brain development are directly connected.
But the 'pledge' is still mandatory? Hmmmm, it's not hard to figure why. It fits so neatly into 'America the exceptional' brain washing they need to keep up for at least 12 years to produce obedient no thinking wage slaves and good corporate citizens.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Perhaps that's true SOF. I did hear there's some teachers that are revolting against the no cursive exercise arguing that hand dexterity and brain development are directly connected.
But the 'pledge' is still mandatory? Hmmmm, it's not hard to figure why. It fits so neatly into 'America the exceptional' brain washing they need to keep up for at least 12 years to produce obedient no thinking wage slaves and good corporate citizens.

You know come to think of it when I was assigned to elementary school which being in Bed-Stuy the student body was 99 & 9/10th% Black while the teaching and admin staff was 99 & 9/10th% White of Jewish extraction and when in 4th grade a Black girl who's parents where devout Jehovah Witnesses so by right she would sit out the pledge of allegiance and our teacher who was a Jew never said one word. "We" were the ones, the fools, the idiots who mocked and shunned her. She had not one Black student boy or girl who would talk to her, sit next to her, walk with her in the typical lockstep trek to the cafeteria for lunch, she would stand off to herself in the line before school opened and after school before being released to go home. This girl who never did or said one thing to receive such cruel treatment from her own never complained but hung her head obviously disturbed but still maintained her comportment must have had truly understanding parents. Some of the tougher more aggressive Black girls in class sometimes planned on beating her up after school but I am glad that never happened. This is the first time I remembered this distasteful behavior which occurred over 53 years ago and I am just now ashamed by my act in ways I truly cannot explain. Black Americans in white America bent on the destruction of another Black American who refused to genuflect in front of the banner of White America. Shame on me.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: