Black People : stuck on stupid?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by diva08, Aug 18, 2001.

1. diva08

diva08 Well-Known Member MEMBER

elementary music teacher
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are we living in a time where intellectuals are scorned and education lives only as a mispronounced word? Is there any hope for children who are socially rejected because they get good grades? Will there be a time where grown-ups will act like grown-ups instead of trying to raise their children as their friends? Will there be a time where the lyrics to music will actually say something without being in a remix? This generation seems to be stuck on stupid. Unfortunately, due to a mix-up in the age department, I am a part of that generation. But to see people who can't spell simple words, can't exercise the rules of grammar much less know what grammar is is a terrible thing. Not only is there moral decay, but there is cerebral decay. If you don't use your brain it will waste away. And everybody knows what marijuana does to your brain (if not -- it permanently changes the chemical contents of the brain and how it works -- that's why Louis Armstrong sounded like he was high all the time -- he was.) Moving back to my original question or whatever you can call it, what's going on? Why don't our kids want more out of life than sex and a good high? What can we do about it?
    Help a sista out.

the woman formerly known as diva08

ps ;0) -- if i repeated something that has already been touched, pardon the repeat. it's been a while since i stuck my head in the door

2. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    diva

going off in this joint LOL

pd

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    LOL PoD ... she sho' iz !!! :lol:

MsDiva ... what is this talk of being "formerly known as diva08"

Gurl ... don't start nuth'n up in here :wink:

Destee

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I believe that the tables will turn again. It will take time and teaching, but there is hope.

I believe that all of these factors can be positively affected through "each one reach one" because there are many who do not have the tools to see the problems, much less a solution.