Black Relationships : Strong women vs. men

That's true Solo. I've never heard a man mention how he needs a woman that has a great job and great benefits and a nice car. I don't think brothas care one way or another. I mean, we have certain expectations, but they are not financial. I would date someone with more or less money than me. Doesn't matter. A woman that makes good money does not impress or intimidate me because money doesn't impress or intimidate me. Like I said though, I think it's a blow to some men's ego when they don't have the "big wallet" in the relationship. Women that make more money need to realize that money doesn't make the man or woman. Bragging about your money just makes you annoying.

ARE BLACK WOMEN STRONG BECAUSE THEY'RE DOING WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING ANYWAY? THERE'S NOTHING STRONG ABOUT A WOMAN WITH A JOB. A SISTA LIVING WITH BREAST CANCER AND CHILDREN WHO CONTINUES TO BE A LOVING MOTHER AND MAKES THEM PRIORITY, NOW THAT'S A STRONG BLACK WOMAN. PAYING D@MN BILLS THAT YOU CREATE FOR YOURSELF DON'T MAKE YOU "STRONG". GET REAL! I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH, THAT I PREFER A WOMAN THAT HANDLES HER RESPONSIBILITIES OVER SOME NEEDY WOMAN ANY DAY.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

I think that a "strong woman" refers to her spirit, not her wallet. The primary reason why I even posed the question is not to focus on the wallet, but what it is about the spirit of a woman that some men seem to be intimidated by. Everyone is strong in their own right, but I think that through the years women have been expected to "play their position" when it comes to a man. Now when some men, at least the ones I've run into, are faced with a woman who doesn't have that mentality, they're not just threatened by her spirit, but her material possessions, her ambition, or anything that may seem to "threaten his manhood" in HIS eyes seems to be a problem. I'm not talking about the women who brag about their material possessions and flaunt it in front of a brother's face like a flag.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back