Amun-Ra : Strippers: Fast and Lose . . .

Was this story informative?

• Very informative

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Informative

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for Replying and Telling the Truth

Listened to the Podcast and you're hitting it just where it is. It's just common sense, but no one seems to get it. Especially men, the rest is all lies, deception and danger for the women who all find out too late. Drugs and alcohol permeate the business and women who stay in in are doing it for something else because it sho ain't the money. Interesting, I got three replies from 228 views. We don't have anything to say about our sisters working the trade or are we too shy to say anything? We got opinions on everything else. Nobody said anything except the moderator and Tariq Nasheed. No playas? No evangelist? No stances on right and wrong? Interesting.

Amun-Ra :SuN038:

this is pure swamp gas

if you are going to speak on something you should at least do the honor of knowing what it is that you are talking about. that is only fair, don't you think?
how much time have you spent in a strip club? how many strippers do you know? none? then shut up.

if you wish to be a conservative anti sexual person, that is all good. just own up to that and do not try to put shade on others who do not share your life style.
the major problem with this world is people minding other people's business. why don't you try minding your own?

yes, there are pitfalls in the sex industry. it is surely not for the naive or the faint of heart but neither is the stock market.
if you want to engage in a moral discussion, the stock market is where you should start.
those who are slick enough to navigate the traps of the sex industry do quite nicely, thank you.

if you want to be anti sexual, that is your right. go for it. just keep it to yourself and do not put it on me.
i never heard of no striper grabbing no body and dragging them into the club.
why not do your thing and let others do theirs? unless your thing is to mess with others?

speak on what you know. that's what i do.

peace out.

First a Reply for James from Philly

Amun-Ra Reply

jamesfrmphilly said:
if you are going to speak on something you should at least do the honor of knowing what it is that you are talking about. that is only fair, don't you think?

I loved this reply simply because of the assumptions it made and the opinion behind it. Unfortunately, my posting wasn't opinion, it was fact based on more than one visit to a strip club, in one city and in one country backed up by surveys, face-to-face interviews and 20 years of journalistic experience, in-other-words, scholastic rigor.

Nevertheless, someone had the cojones to come out and challenge me on it and not only that, to tell me that I didn't know what the heck I'm talking about. That's a start. The flesh industry is a good industry for stirring conversation, but in a comunity that claims 95% allegience to God, I would have expect more replies. That's why I chose the subject.

You may have noticed I did not pronounce judgement on these women, because I think it's sad, especially considering their later lives. If I did any judging at all, it is of the men who use them, abuse and cast them out. This a like a tatoo, it will fade, but still remain visible. However, unlike a tatoo that fades, years later someone will remember it bring it up, and they'll probably bring it up in front of freinds or family.

As far as my credentials, I've been places that most people only read about. I am one of those who provides photos and reading material from the hell holes in the world. I've done it from Vietnam to the heart of darkness in the Congo. I've been wounded twice and wrestled with malaria among other things.

Still, I must commend you for taking a stance. There are many who feel like you and they even have an organization at the world level, just as there are organization on the other side.

How much time have you spent in a strip club? how many strippers do you know? none? then shut up. (More time than I wanted, and I know far too many strippers and prositutes)

if you wish to be a conservative anti sexual person, that is all good. just own up to that and do not try to put shade on others who do not share your life style.

the major problem with this world is people minding other people's business. why don't you try minding your own? (It has nothing to do with my life style, it has to do with the number of Black women who lives are ruined by the choices they make or are forced to make because of poverty, inexperience or a combination of both.)

yes, there are pitfalls in the sex industry. it is surely not for the naive or the faint of heart but neither is the stock market.
if you want to engage in a moral discussion, the stock market is where you should start. (You missed the entire point if you think this is about morals. It's about the black women and their children who lives are ruined)

those who are slick enough to navigate the traps of the sex industry do quite nicely, thank you.
if you want to be anti sexual, that is your right. go for it. just keep it to yourself and do not put it on me.
i never heard of no striper grabbing no body and dragging them into the club.
why not do your thing and let others do theirs? unless your thing is to mess with others?

speak on what you know. that's what i do. (apparently you don't--Amun-Ra)peace out.

Good to be back. Been some interesting places, but home is always the best. I decided to get back o the pages and drop off some this baggage you pick up along the way. Hope you are doing well and keeping the scribe thing rolling--I'll get my lazt rump over to the other pages so I can participate and learn--I'll see ya there--Ra

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back