Amun-Ra : Strippers: Fast and Lose . . .

Was this story informative?

• Very informative

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Informative

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Experience

Experience is a strange teacher for it make us believe we've seen it all when all we've seen is what we've seen and nothing else. I'm not riding a high horse and my only concern is for the black women who end up at the low end of the totem pole. If you are interested in scoring points, fine, you've seen more whores and strippers than anyone and you know more about them than anyone. Nevertheless, I'll let my words stand as a testament of a concerned black man who wonders what's going to happen to the many black women in "the business." Those who care, will also wonder and take heed. Perhaps, they will take notice of the black women who end on the pipe, the bottle or in the homeless shelter or home for abused women. and children. If they don't, it makes no difference, it in no way affects my concern for the black women who don't get the money, who struggle to feed their children and who are trapped into being toys for men.

Amun-Ra :juggle:

queentswana said:
Hi James,
It's so good to see ya home again, thanks for peeping in...you know we kept the light on in ya room :em4700:
Welcome Home!!
peace queen...........

PurpleMoons said:
Wow!

Hi Elder James!:wave:

Missed ya! Glad to catch a glimps of ya and read you again as well!

:heart:
peace moon..........

Amun-Ra said:
Experience is a strange teacher for it make us believe we've seen it all when all we've seen is what we've seen and nothing else. I'm not riding a high horse and my only concern is for the black women who end up at the low end of the totem pole. If you are interested in scoring points, fine, you've seen more whores and strippers than anyone and you know more about them than anyone. Nevertheless, I'll let my words stand as a testament of a concerned black man who wonders what's going to happen to the many black women in "the business." Those who care, will also wonder and take heed. Perhaps, they will take notice of the black women who end on the pipe, the bottle or in the homeless shelter or home for abused women. and children. If they don't, it makes no difference, it in no way affects my concern for the black women who don't get the money, who struggle to feed their children and who are trapped into being toys for men.

Amun-Ra :juggle:
check yourself, homie. i am not the one stating that i have "facts", you are.
i say that i know what i have seen, that's all.
i make no grand claims.

my concern is for black people who suffer under a system of global white supremacy.

You know, I know alot of strippers and ex strippers and wannabe strippers.

Most that I know have not experienced any type of sexual abuse. Anywhere.
Alot of them come from religious families.

They may drink but I'd never call them alchoholics -- and I only know a few who have done more than smoke weed.

What happened to them?
Why are they in the strip game?

It's definitely glamourized, that's for sure. But, judging from the ex strippers I know, those that keep their heads get out and move past it, and make a life for themselves...

Some of them are now deaconnesses in their churches. Many (since most I know are around my age) are married with kids now.

Not many of them regret it.

I'm just saying lol.

(You missed the entire point if you think this is about morals. It's about the black women and their children who lives are ruined)
Amun-Ra said:
Amun-Ra Reply
:great:

I must say I found your piece intelligent, lucid, and clearly defined. As one who has not made it a habit (frequenting strip clubs) but who in the years I was involved in music had occassion to interact with woman a few who did and others who did not engage in the 'industry'. I agree with your assertions. What I did not take from your discussion was conservative anti-sex sentiment. I don't know how your words morph into anti-sexual, (lol) appears some read or hear what they want regardless of the words before them. Inference can be a b****!

You hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned, I have known strippers and seen the hearts of some, and for every cokehead on stage for the money, their are those tragic accidents who let their hearts get out in front of their heads. I would wager that for every misguded woman that ends up on the stage for the cash, there is the neighbor dancer who arrives there by stupid, often tragic 'chance'. Also when one regards the traditional pathology of the non-immigrant and often times immigrant black female it is a testament to their strength that most have not succumbed to the dispiriting practice of bartering their souls and sex for lifes vagaries, more examples why materialsm should not become ones 'god'.... The Struggle Continues! Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back