Black Short Stories : Strip Hoe

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by treenay78, Mar 10, 2002.

1. treenay78

treenay78 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Strip Hoe
    by Sa’Mya Jackson & Trenee Seward
    (this story is written by two different authors going back and forth please see the website link below for more info)

I stood at the bar stirring my drink with my index finger. The club was tired tonight. Seemed like the only baller that was in here was the old school boxer Roger Darren--and my girl, Exotic Chocolate was already in his lap.

Right about now I was supposed to be upstairs in the dressing room putting on my outfit, but I just didn't feel like being bothered with these ******, yesterday, today or tomorrow. All I needed to do was land that part I had auditioned for last week and I was outta here.

"Yo, Lauryn...you going on tonight or what?" A male voice questioned, but I didn't even acknowledge the voice until I felt a hand spreading across my behind. Whoever it was knew better, but just in case they didn't I was about to check them.

"Look--" I turned right into a set of two hundred dollars worth of bond dollar bills and started grinning.

"I'm trying to see you come down that pole tonight."

"Yeah?" I licked my lips and walked up on Jeremiah, one of our regulars. "Well I'm trying to see more than that two hundred dollars you're holding right there."

Jeremiah's eyes rested on my breasts and said, "No problem you know I gotcha' baby. Just do your thang."

A smile spread across my face and I blew him a kiss heading to the back. I blew out some frustrated air. I might as well make me some money tonight. Back in the dressing room girls were getting dressed, undressed and putting on makeup. I opened my locker, "Let's see what outfit am I gonna wear tonight?" I decided on my red g-strings with the see through mini top. I took off my clothes and started putting on my moneymaking gear. I looked in my purse and got out my lip liner, lipstick and eye shadow. I was applying my eye shadow when I felt someone standing behind me. It was Tanisha a.k.a. number one ***** on my list. Tanisha is the prettiest dark skin girl you'll ever met and she knows it too. No one really liked her because she was a D.I.D. devil-in-disguise. She would talk behind your back, steal your customers and spread vicious rumors about you.

I turned around with an unpleasant look on my face, "What's up?"

"Nothing much. You got Jeremiah tonight?" she asked with a devilish grin on her face.

I went back to putting my makeup on and answered, "Yep."

She rolled her eyes and walked off. When I was finished with my make up I sprayed on a little perfume. I ran my fingers through my mini micro braids and looked at myself in the mirror. ****, I look good! I looked over at Tanisha and she was looking at me from head to toe. I threw my braids over my shoulder and walked out. I found Jeremiah having a drink with another guy.

I rubbed up against him and whispered, "Your caramel sundae is ready baby."

He went in his back pocket and pulled out four one hundred bills. "Show me what you working with tonight."

After Strawberry did her thang on stage I went up to the DJ and told him to play my song. Timothy played Making Good Love by Avant and I went on stage to do my thang. I started off with what I call my tease walk. I walked in Jeremiah's direction and just stood there for a minute. Then I rocked my hips and *** slowly to the beat. I made love to the pole and ended it with a split. I came back up and seductively removed my bra revealing my 36C's. I watched his eyes along with other men undress the rest of me. Left and right the ones, fives, tens and twenty dollar bills started pouring on stage. Jeremiah stood up and motioned for me to come here.

I walked in his direction and he said, "Do that booty dance for me baby, please." I made my booty jiggle and teased him a little showing him the goods. He threw two crisp one hundred dollar bills on stage.

I heard one of the older gentleman say, "****, that Caramel girl got plenty of *** don't she?!"

"Yeah, she do!" Said another one.

I glanced around at all the money on the stage as I did a little side-to-side step to keep their attention occupied while I calculated how much money was beneath my platform sandaled feet. Deciding it wasn't enough I abruptly stopped dancing and gave the DJ a look and hand signal letting him know what was up. He immediately stopped the music as my gawking male audience angrily responded.

"Uh...Carmel Sundae said she ain't gon' be doing too much more rump shakin' until she sees some 10s and 20s on that stage." The DJ chimed in on cue. I smiled at the audience and tossed my micros back behind my shoulders as I gripped the pole and slid into a squat. Jeremiah eased off the edge of his seat and threw another hundred up there for me. Some people just had money to blow like that, which was fine to me, especially since it was being spent on me.

I remained in my squat giving a few of the men seated the eye until they tossed their bills on the stage. When I decided that I'd punked them enough I gave the DJ another cue and he started playing P. Diddy's Bad Boy For Life. A few of my regulars knew what time it was when they heard that song. Climbing back up the pole for the start of the song, I turned upside down and stomped the ceiling with my platform as my head bobbed to the beat. These ****** wasn't ready...

On a slow night like last night, somehow I still managed to collect over $600 in tips. No wonder most of those hoes at the club hated me. Jeremiah offered to give me five hundred more dollars to go home with him just to snuggle. Usually I took him up on the offer, but seeing that I wasn't pressed for money, I passed.

I sat in the center of my bed eating a bowl of cereal and watching MTV News. My agent was supposed to be calling me today to let me know whether or not I was hired to appear in Ludacris' new video. I had been praying and praying to get this part because there was only going to be one other girl in the video so I'd definitely be getting a whole lot of camera time PLUS it was supposed to be filmed down in
    Cancun.

Lemont came into the bedroom carrying our one year old. I rolled my eyes hoping he didn't notice. I told him I needed some time to myself this morning, but as usual he wasn't trying to hear all that.

"Did you go to the club last night?" How did I know he was gonna start up with his usual game of twenty questions. Lemont was a real pretty boy. From the light skin and wavy hair to the way he loved to stand in the mirror and primp for hours. I guess that was one of the reasons why I went on and had his baby.

"No, I told you I stopped dancing up there--don't start trippin' I just woke up." I paused and swallowed another spoonful of cereal. "Don't you have to be at work at one?"

"I saw all that money in your wallet this morning."

"How many times do we have to go threw this? I don't dance at that ******** *** club no more."

"Well where were you last night?" He asked putting the baby down on the bed.

"Get her off the silk sheets with that bottle. You know I paid a lotta money for this stuff."

My little girl started crying and I put my bowl a cereal to the side.

"Come here Boo Boo, you know momma love you." Lemont gave me a look that said he wanted to start some **** this morning.

I sat A'Nia to the side and asked, "Why you looking at me like that Lemont?"

"No reason. Just wondering how long you gonna continue to lie to me about where you get all that money from." I got up and went to the restroom. ****, he was getting on my nerves. I had been working at Candies for close to a year now. I didn't really like it, but the money was good. Lemont didn't have a problem with me working there when he first met me now all of sudden he was bugging me about it. After arguing with him almost every night coming come from Candies I told him I had quit and was now a waitress at a Soul Food restaurant.

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. I came out of the bathroom and he was sitting on the bed looking through my pager.

I went over and snatched it out of his hand, "What are you doing?!"

"What are you doing with all of those strange numbers in your pager at one and two in the morning?"

"I don't have time to argue with you this morning Lemont. Let me ask you something."

"What?"

"Do you trust me?"

There was silence for a minute then he answered, "Yeah."

"Then why are you always going through my stuff and questioning me about my whereabouts?"

He looked down at our daughter now crawling on the floor and replied, "Because I love you Lauryn. I just don't want you shaking your *** for nobody, but me."

The phone rang. I picked up the cordless and said, "Hello."

"What's up girl?" It was Chanel. Chanel is my partner in crime.

"Nothing."

"You up for making some money tonight?"

"Ummm, yeah we can go shopping later on tonight." I said hoping she would catch on that Lemont was right in my face.

"Oh, Lemont is there?"

"Yeah."

"Hit me back up on my cell later. I got something to tell you anyway."

"About who?"

"Tanisha."

"Ight' girl." I said concluding the conversation. I tapped end on the phone and gave Lemont that 'get out my business look' I always gave him. Give a brother a key to your crib and a baby and its like you can't have a personal life any more.

"What do you mean you're going shopping tonight?" He asked raising his eyebrow like he expected me to give him another lie.

Just to be smart I decided to ask, "Did you just call me or did Chanel?" Lemont pulled A'Nia into his lap and tried to slide her bottle back into her mouth, but she slapped it away.

"What's up with this attitude you always got?"

"***** what attitude?" I put my hands on my hips and snaked my neck wondering what he was trying to get me to argue with him about now.

"Every time I ask you a question you got something flip to say."

"Yo, whatever."

"And when are you gonna spend some time with your daughter? If you wasn't so busy out there shaking ya' *** in a club every other night and auditioning for rap videos--"

"I don't wanna here this **** right now Lemont." I held up my hand hoping he would get my hint and shutup, but I already knew he was just getting started.

"What about your daughter? What kind of role model are you for her?"

"A **** good one as long as she's wearing nice clothes and can eat whenever she gets hungry. I'm taking care of all that. The bills, my wants, her wants, and every night I'm handling your every fantasy when I climb in that bed so you need to stop complaining and be happy."

"Be happy? Did you just say I should be happy?" Lemont put the baby down between some pillows he'd slid together and stepped up in my face. I backed up, preventing the fact that he was ten inches taller than me from intimidating me, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back into his face.

"Let me go Lemont." I said firmly like we were actually about to go to blows.

"I want you home tonight when I get off work. You and A'Nia. Stop ****ing taking her over to my momma's house and dropping her off."

"I got plans tonight."

"I'll be home at eleven." He released me as I stumbled back slightly. "See what happens if I come home and you ain't here. Don't get yourself embarrassed."

"Lemont are you supposed to be scaring somebody?"

"I'll be in the shower." He responded ignoring me. "Why don't chu' some clothes on." I heard him mumble on the way to the bathroom. Put some clothes on for what? To sit here in the bed for another four or five hours? I tugged on my panties and tank top like that was actually helping me cover up any revealing skin.

As soon as he left the house I was dropping A'Nia off somewhere like I always did. I didn't have time to watch her today. It wasn't time for A'Nia's nap but I put her in her crib anyway and turned off the monitor so I wouldn't have to hear her crying. If Lemont had a problem with it he could go get her.

If you’d like to read more of this story, please check out the following link and be sure to post your comments, questions, etc. on the website as well:
    http://forum.soulfullreaders.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c8b83690954ffff;act=ST;f=13;t=13

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    :wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

Great Story! Great Work! :toast: to you and Sa’Mya.

Thanks for sharing it and your site with us, it's very nice too. I'm sure folk in the family will visit. Please feel free to add your link to the Destee Network as well.

One note Treenay ... in your text above you duplicated some lines ... you may wanna edit your post and correct that. Even with that error, the story was so good I had to take the time to figure out where I was suppose ta be ... so I could get to the end! :)

Again, great work and thanks for joining us.

Here's that duplicate text:

Destee

3. treenay78

treenay78 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for that tip...so much for my proofreading skills huh? *LOL*

4. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    :wave: Welcome Treenay

Great story. I haven't finished,
    but I do plan to pick up where I left off.
    Just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the read.
    Again welcome to the family.

Poetically Turn'd Out!
    CCBSKYN :heart:

5. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good read!! :wave: Welcome!!

N2

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    You're not in this alone Sis ... we're Family and it's all good!

:)

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome welcome welcome !! within da destee's short story
    place as i be flying low reading ya flow a nice short story show
    welcome upon family & friendz..................................

8. Depth

Depth Member MEMBER

IT
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the treat...

9. redlady

redlady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Totally Loved This Story

I totally loved this story and am anxious to hear how it turned out! Can't wait to read more.

10. treenay78

treenay78 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0