Quiet Poetry Lounge : Strapless

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by CreativeExpress, Mar 8, 2004.

1. CreativeExpress

CreativeExpress Active Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold on to my shoulder, don't set yourself free. Feel my warmth, be in control of me. Turn on me and gaze, my eyes are wild with fire, I'm strapless and waiting...strapless and waiting. Touch my kiss, for it radiates the pain. Sear my soul, for the flesh of life, scorches my essence. Take me over, control my being, I'm strapless and waiting..Strapless and waiting. Don't hold back your cascade, let it soak my control, let it...tense is my gait, as i wait and wait and wait. But I know you're relentless, and yet I cannot fight, for I'm strapless and waiting....strapless and waiting. Your undying dignity adds fuel to my undignified stance, I hold my breath and pray that I can hold on, for I'm strapless and waiting...strapless and waiting...Hoping and praying,silently staying, watching u shave away my personification. But I made this my creation, stayed in this situation, there is no hesitation, I'm strapless and waiting...strapless and waiting.... What do you do, when your lover abuses you... :sand:

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very nice and deep question
    no one should be abused at no point
    what u ask the answer is in the mirror
    look deep and seek u shall fine
    tyte drop poetess

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Sometimes we may feel addicted to the pain. As with any addiction, purge thyself. Powerful write here.

4. CreativeExpress

CreativeExpress Active Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    appreciative

Appreciative that you sought out and found the undertones of this poem, many don't see right away that this is a poem of the damaging affects of abuse, the person personified is riddled with confusion....appreciate the love for this piece