Black Entertainment : Strange Love featuring Flavor Flav

Flavploitation is the systematic one-sidedness of the production companies that are chosen by these big corporate entities. There hasn't been any change in Flavor at all, he's always been the same crazy cat from day one. No offense to his friend Bridgitte, but his TV potential has been there long before that pairing. Vh-1's choosing of this show "Strange Love", is a smack in the face of all else Flavor has done.

The reality dragging of his personal life excesses and children is uncalled for. The meshing of his performance life with PE probably doesn't bode well with what the group stands for with its fam and followers. I hear that, but at the same time as the adults and gentlemen that we are, respect is gonna be there for ones personal space.

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page3

Thank You for posting this link brother Jahil! I wondered what Chuck D felt about this entire episode. I can appreciate him sticking up for his boy, but I disagree with him about Flav's exploitation. Flav is being exploited, but it is voluntary. I don't see this as a contradiction to everything else that Flavor has done, because this is how I always viewed the brother as a hypocrite. Not just the psuedo pro-black talk and being with a white woman. No he sung anti-drug songs, yet went to jail for drug use. He is not a father for his children, nor a supporter of black women. All of these are consistant patterns. I always thought that Flav was a contradiction within PE, that he distracted from the message, not added to it. Why was a "court jestor" necessary for the message that PE brought? As I originally stated "Strange Love" is an embarrasement to Flav's family & the black community in general. It is an embarrasement that Flav voluntarily signed up for. If thought this would bring PE back (not discredit what the group has done), It is proof positive that drugs destroy brain cells!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back