Black People : stop the infighting! please!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    each "brother" here has cast so much suspicion on every other "brother" i cannot trust any of them.

nobody wins in the end.

if our best and our brightest are incapable of seeing the big picture and spend eternity fussin and acting like children we got no shot.
    i find it amazing that such intelligent and knowledgable cats cannot get along. they don't even try to get along.
    i am beginning to think that they are ALL part of a COINTELLPRO to make sure there is no forward motion.

cats going around this site from thread to thread to thread in some eternal dogfight about nothing. it never ends now.

who benefits?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Seriously, I have only one question james, is this a serious thread or, are you being sarcastic, as before and below:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=684235&postcount=25

As in…we have the means… :

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66615

For which sincere Thank You's and interest was shown

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i am seriously tired of brothers going around arguing with one another over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Okay, so am I, now, what can we do to change some of this?

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Then if you are unable to see clearly who has made posts time and time again to educate uplift and encourage since they have been here and share information with the Destee family they may not have been aware of,

and see persons posting diparaging and insulting as well as, slanderous remarks and that has been thier sole focus for about 2 posts then

realy what are you saying ?

everyone knows who the builders are here and everyone knows who the haters are here

look at the posts, since the election!

Dont blame a house if it has a waterbug in it

you have a right to your opinion but

why say that you do not see exactly what is going on?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother James ... i understand your frustration, but what organization was able to stop the tea party?

There are a whole lot more established, far-reaching, organizations than us, i.e., The Nation of Islam, The NAACP, etc. This is just a small community run by a single Mother, who is poor, and lives in the ghetto. No budget, no money, only a hope and a prayer. These other organizations are older, bigger, more established, more money, and they are run by men ... yet none of them stopped this. It could be said that every organization for, by, and about Black People is useless ... depending on the problem you're looking at (for there are many), and how you're looking at it.

Not only as it applies to the tea party, for there are greater concerns than the tea party.

Black Men are killing each other EVERY SINGLE DAY and nothing and noone has stopped that suicidal behavior amongst our people.

Black Men are being incarcerated for the majority of their lives, taken from our communities in record numbers, and no organization has stopped that.

Black Babies are under-educated, Black Women are left to raise them alone, and no organization has stopped that either.

Black People generally don't help support their own endeavors financially, in spite of that, I continue this ... but based on your thinking ... i guess i should just stop and close up shop ... quit struggling by myself for the most part ... for i'll never see the beauty of the majority financially helping ... since it's not really seen in too many places ... right?

Based on your assessment of things, I guess we should all just curl up in a ball and die, for there is no hope?

I don't agree with that assessment. My Ancestors overcame much worse ... and like them ... i must remain forever encouraged and hopeful, no matter what.

I believe we should look at things from all / different perspectives.

There are some positives, some good things, but if you focus only on the negative ... then, that is what you will see ... and it will shape what you do ... or don't do.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

So true Sister Destee, so true...they received unsolicited financial support, and most of that was un-documented.

ROFL@ what organization was able to stop the tea party.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Please keep in mind your own words.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=530526&postcount=3

Perhaps you have reached the point where you do not trust any of us and view us ALL as "Cointelpro agents". If so, then Cointelpro has been effective in neutralizing you.

The lack of trust among brothers has been an issue among us for years. Not only here, but everywhere. Every major Black organization on this planet has in-fighting and lack of trust issues.

What is the positive in this? That is for each of us to find. For every 2 or 3 I find myself disagreeing with there are 2 to 3 times that number who I find common ground with. Duplicate that effort and at the end of the day the positive outweighs the negative. If not then perhaps a closer examination of one's own energy need to be carefully examined.

Its simple. If there is no forward motion, stopping running around in the same circles. Sometimes we take one step backwards and two steps forward. In this politicl climate we all get frustrated because positive gains dont come quickly. But are any of us really in a position to say that because of defeat on one front that there is no victory on another?

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015

And we all need to thank you for providing this opportunity

This website provides a golden opportunity for us as a microcosm of the national Black community to discuss solutions to the hell we are catching, common hell in each city and state.

no one likes MLM scams but Imhoptep Gary byrd said something interesting the day after the election

If we went about community enrichment and upliftment , as those folks do with MLM

that is if there is a positive idea or solution presented here,
    then each person can tell 5 others and that 5 each tell another 5

I marvel sometimes about this thing we use and take for granted that aint even 20 years old, and the magic of it

and the capacity for it's use to communicae for our benefit and progress, past state and national boundaires as folks of African descent.

And I wonder what malcol and Fannie lou hamer would have done with such a tool to reach so many.

The killings are going on in certain states and not in others, and hopefully with this venue those folks in those states can raise what they see so that ,
    folks here who have experise in that area can chime in to porvide help.
    There are some schools that are doing great, and hopefully this porvides a enue where folks can chime in what has made the success there so folks can replicate the solutions exponentialy

I am not saying that all discussions have to be about community development, but each person can take at least 20 minutes per week, to focus on the common good of the race, and air the concerns we have for each other as well as possble solutions, becuase everyone has creativity,as children of the Creator

if we could for just one month forget our differences, and egos and see that we have a common focus for the benefit of all of our children, then spiritualy we would have defeated the Tea party,
    but slandering folks, hatred of peoples religions, fostering divisiveness, and posses, calling people agents and what not keeping arguements going on for months and digging up old posts to try to demonize people only helps the Tea party, and the Glenn Beck crowd and those that suport them, and takes awty from energy and focus that can be utilized for the common good.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    it's killing us

why can't the super hip, highly intelligent, knowledgeable brothers see this and stop it?

please do not present oneself as progressive and pro black and yet you cannot find away to get along with the next brother.
    that applies to all. no favorites. all you brothers coming around here being so hip.

i am making the standard for really being pro black is to be able to get along.
    if you cannot get along with anyone, what good is it? what good can you do?

IMO : you cannot be pro black if you cannot get along with another black man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.