Black Entertainment : Stop Blaming Black Women for ‘Birth of a Nation’s’ Low Opening

This whole situation is silly. No one is obligated to go spend their money on a movie no matter the content nor the creator of said content. There are more than one means of gaining access to the information about our ancestor Nat Turner, one means of which I am partial to is via books. This blaming people for not spending their money on a movie just because we like the subject matter is childish and should be below us.

Then you don't get to complain when our stories are no longer told from our point of view. It's as simple as that

Then you don't get to complain when our stories are no longer told from our point of view. It's as simple as that

Our stories can always be told from our view, since there are a bunch of different forms of media that are possible to use (Video, Film, Books, Magazines, Websites, etc). I personally prefer books and documentaries as a source of historical information, but I am willing to watch movies too if I find them interesting. Still, just because I find something interesting does not mean I feel other people should be browbeaten to find it interesting and spend their money on it too. The information about Nat Turner and his Slave Rebellion can just as easily be found for free on the Internet or via a decent public library. It is the information that is important, not the the medium the information is presented in.

Our stories can always be told from our view, since there are a bunch of different forms of media that are possible to use (Video, Film, Books, Magazines, Websites, etc). I personally prefer books and documentaries as a source of historical information, but I am willing to watch movies too if I find them interesting. Still, just because I find something interesting does not mean I feel other people should be browbeaten to find it interesting and spend their money on it too. The information about Nat Turner and his Slave Rebellion can just as easily be found for free on the Internet or via a decent public library. It is the information that is important, not the the medium the information is presented in.

It takes money to do a proper film. Whether entertainment or documentary, that requires public support. Most of those you refer to are done by people who aren't us

Blaming black women is now the knee-jerk reaction; people don't even give it thought now these days as to whether it makes sense or not. Somehow we have all this power and influence, but are told we have none at all when we want to do what we want without other people's limitations placed on us.

It's so old. I recommend black women just teach their daughters to ignore all that nonsense; they aren't obligated to line anyone's pockets just to learn the history of our ancestors in this land.

Blaming black women is now the knee-jerk reaction; people don't even give it thought now these days as to whether it makes sense or not. Somehow we have all this power and influence, but are told we have none at all when we want to do what we want without other people's limitations placed on us.

It's so old. I recommend black women just teach their daughters to ignore all that nonsense; they aren't obligated to line anyone's pockets just to learn the history of our ancestors in this land.

1. Until you have a daughter, you cant recommend

2. You didn't see the film

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back