Black People : Stop Black Division - Embrace the House Negro

peace

It's interesting that you showed a picture of the "fiel' Nigroes" but to depict the "house negroes" you merely showed a picture of a nice looking house with a well manicured front lawn which alone exposes your whole biased stance!

Thank you for pointing that out.... really.

I thought about that too, and since I did think about it it's not really biased.

It's easier to depict a 'field negro.' There are plenty of pictures for that. All I had to put was 'slavery' and 'picking cotton' and there they are.

House negroes, not so easy to depict. The first thing to come to mind about 'house negroes' is the plantation, so the plantation was what I put.

What pictures come to your mind when speaking of a house negro? A black person that works inside the house. Well can't that be a paid domestic? A paid babysitter? Can't that look like they are cleaning their own house?

Now I could have found of picture of negro inside the house... doing what exactly? Old pictures of white folks with their black mammies sitting beside their white children does not exactly convey 'house negro' to me. I don't think 'mammy the maternal figure' is not exactly what folks had in mind when they say 'house negro.' Mammy was one worked the fields in her youth, then when she got too old to work the field, she went to the house as a cook, maid, or babysitter.

'Scrubbing floors' got me a whole buncha pictures of industrial floor scrubbers and buffers.

Next time ask, and than you offer what better pictures I could have used to denote what a 'house negro' looks like.

Your depiction of a "beautiful house" (light skinned) as opposed to frustrated, tired & plotting (dark skinned) "Field Negroes" is, in a word, un-balanced!
Matter of perception. First, you are comparing a house to person. THAT is unbalanced. Plantations are always kept in fine shape, so they never look 'frustrated, tired, and plotting.' Secondly, house negroes, even tho not depicted, can be very 'frustrated, tired, and well... they get accused of plotting against their field brethren all the time.

In all due candor and honesty, some can and will make generalizations and overgeneralizations, i. e., to the point they can't or won't be as fair and objective, about the specifics...

Simply put:

What do some of you hearing and reading this truly know and understand about the U. S. practices, i. e., the white enslavement of other human beings, the means and ways they maintained their control over their unpaid laborers, also the depth and scope of the things they did, and/or which the black enslaved human beings were forced to do, who did more than just toil in somebody's cotton fields, etc., up to and including how black slave laborers even help to build the U.S. White House, which one of the descendants of their african ancestors neighbors--Barach Obama--now resides in--as this nation's first African American President?

If contradictions abound, via his policies and practices, so do when it comes to us all, i. e., who refuse to acknowledge that among those oh so mainstream 'black' leaders etc. were and the mulatto inheritors descendants of rich white slaveholding plantation owners, etc., and what is a carryover of the slave quarters, a regrettable and unfortunate legacy of the slave plantation systems slave social order, etc., did or does plague our social relations, etc., even nowadays...

Yes, there were slave excapes and slave revolts, (so long overdue for one and all to give props to who else aided them, aka some by the way of Black Seminole mainstay--John Horse--i. e. during the Second Seminole/White Indian conflict), but--others--as per usual--went along/to get along...

Yes...

Obviously the so called field blacks outnumbered the so called house blacks/white massa and his immediate family members/etc.

But...

Also obviously few do or will take into serious consideration just how far away from even the nearest lily white town etc. those plantations were...

Or who had the guns...

Etc.

So let us not engage in even discussions and debates on the basis of an idealized past:

Also-- let us truly go about during so--i. e., via serious reflections on/not just react or overreact to-- the way things are--nowadays...

:SuN044:

Oak%20Alley%20plantation.jpg
picking-cotton.jpg

Yall can let it drop or let it ride, but I'm gonna say this...
I'm tired of the house negro getting a bad rap.
Much as I love MX, and I understand people's purpose by talking about the house negro in a bad manner, it's not good. To continue to talk bad and down the house negro is to undermine and dismiss the forced position they were in, what they had to do, and their contributions to black rebellion.

The field negro are the ones always looked upon with compassion, the one seen as hard working, rebellious, and taking the chance to escape or go against the master.

The house negro is seen as the appeasing loving pet of the master, who is used as a pawn in the division because s/he is used to spy on the field negroes and come back to tell master. This then gains her favor with the master and access to more scraps, materials, and handout that the master bestows on him or her, and s/he continues to want to be in the masters good graces, never rebels, and tries to quell all form of rebellion by telling the master everything about the field negroes.

Most of it... I believe... a lie.

As a daughter of both house and field negroes, it's time to set the record straight on house negroes.

I'm proud of my house negro heritage (aka mulattoes and light skin blacks). They don't get enough credit. People think that because they were light skin and in the house where they served the master coffee and rubbed his feet and since they weren't in the fields picking cotton and sugar cane they had it easy and thought themselves better than the darker skin blacks or 'field negroes.'

But this wasn't the case for many of them. They knew they were black too. They knew that they fought against a system of oppression that sought to divide and conquer on the basis of race, skin color, and gender and a host of other things you would find in a Willie Lynch manual. And if you think being the target of constant rape, suspicion and ridicule by blacks, and used by the master to go against your brethren is something to be proud of.. then you are sorely mistaken and perhaps a little soft in the head. You're blinded by your own degradation at the hands of the system.

'House negroes' fought out against their oppressors, ran away, and wanted freedom just the same as field negroes. They poisoned their masters, helped other slaves run away (many were seamstresses and sewed run-away maps on quits), and often brought undiclosed information to other black about the world from the house they served in. That information is how many blacks found out that they were free at the end of the civil war - by the information they got from blacks working in the house. If house or light skinned negroes were chosen for a position because of their light skin, they often took the position and used it as a chance to hire other blacks or to look after the interest of blacks.

It is undeserved to blame and use all house negroes or mulattoes as the basis for black race traitors because of the few who prized their light skin and white bloodline over field negroes or darker skin unmixed blacks.

To this very day... it vexes me that we still live in a state of divide and conquer as we as fight and distrust each other over skin color and hair texture. We have to realize that we are all BLACK, and part of the CHOCOLATE RAINBOW that varies from blue-black to vanilla. We have to realize that we all contribute to the interest of black people now... and then... regardless of our position or skin color.

So stand up for your house negroes, and realize they should have a more respected and honored place in your history than you currently give them.

Beautiful points that should be presented,

When Malcolm had recieved his first lessons, he learned how house "slaves" set up secret procedures to end their enslvers lives ,an to prepare escape routes, and hat you say is importat because the term usd by malcolm had to do with a mind set, as oposed to the work position of slaves.

the present stereotype of house negro seems to come asyou state from those who are conomically disenfranchised, in regards to thei view of the mifddle class and business class, however the fact of the matter in regards to human sociology and the post slavery traumatic syndrome

is that what has happened to all Africans aftr slavery here and after colonization back home is that unlike some other goups and ethnicities that reach down or have self contained institutions to help those on the bottom of the economic scale,
our middle and business class,
have a tendency to be elitist, snooty and aloof to what they consider to be

GHETTO PEOPLE

so really who is it that needs to embrace who?

in a steadily declining economy?

Because as someone who is middle class,
those of us who really care and give a doggone about everyone regardless of income,

get a lot of hate FYI, from brothers and sisters of our same economic bracket

Now back to Malcolm X concept of th house negro and the field negro, his metaphor, regardd no economic status because a field negro can be ell to do as long as his todo is for his people, and a peron between means can be a house negro, like the bag woman that sold out Adam Clayton Powell

3283282389_0a56c8e72b.jpg

This is over the top. Mixed folks aren't all created by force...many come through cooperation (Remember 'buffer' politics?), so what happens when this 'noble' lot to whom you refer will have to turn against the nonblack parents and grandparents who brought them here? Personally, I propose that the 'house negro', as you've defined him/her here, is not a sellout or traitor, as this is a task that you can only accomplish against your own people. Why are Halle Berry and Tiger Woods sellouts for having white children by white people if their own mothers (who were NOT raped) are not Black? Essentially, aren't you talking about people demonstrating loyalty to their own? If you have 'two-percenters' among that population who are/were decent....wonderful. But, remember, technically, they aren't any different than the folks who bring them here---MOST people aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing, so the world is functioning on LOW as a result of that. There may have been two percenters among them, but glamorizing them as some misunderstood/misidentified collective of revolutionaries is off the charts. History consistently teaches that whites and other nonblacks who've enslaved and oppressed Blacks knew and know precisely what they were/are doing in perpetuating that population, and you best know that many of them do and have done (WILLINGLY) exactly as assigned.

Oak%20Alley%20plantation.jpg
picking-cotton.jpg

Yall can let it drop or let it ride, but I'm gonna say this...
I'm tired of the house negro getting a bad rap.
Much as I love MX, and I understand people's purpose by talking about the house negro in a bad manner, it's not good. To continue to talk bad and down the house negro is to undermine and dismiss the forced position they were in, what they had to do, and their contributions to black rebellion.

The field negro are the ones always looked upon with compassion, the one seen as hard working, rebellious, and taking the chance to escape or go against the master.

The house negro is seen as the appeasing loving pet of the master, who is used as a pawn in the division because s/he is used to spy on the field negroes and come back to tell master. This then gains her favor with the master and access to more scraps, materials, and handout that the master bestows on him or her, and s/he continues to want to be in the masters good graces, never rebels, and tries to quell all form of rebellion by telling the master everything about the field negroes.

Most of it... I believe... a lie.

As a daughter of both house and field negroes, it's time to set the record straight on house negroes.

I'm proud of my house negro heritage (aka mulattoes and light skin blacks). They don't get enough credit. People think that because they were light skin and in the house where they served the master coffee and rubbed his feet and since they weren't in the fields picking cotton and sugar cane they had it easy and thought themselves better than the darker skin blacks or 'field negroes.'

But this wasn't the case for many of them. They knew they were black too. They knew that they fought against a system of oppression that sought to divide and conquer on the basis of race, skin color, and gender and a host of other things you would find in a Willie Lynch manual. And if you think being the target of constant rape, suspicion and ridicule by blacks, and used by the master to go against your brethren is something to be proud of.. then you are sorely mistaken and perhaps a little soft in the head. You're blinded by your own degradation at the hands of the system.

'House negroes' fought out against their oppressors, ran away, and wanted freedom just the same as field negroes. They poisoned their masters, helped other slaves run away (many were seamstresses and sewed run-away maps on quits), and often brought undiclosed information to other black about the world from the house they served in. That information is how many blacks found out that they were free at the end of the civil war - by the information they got from blacks working in the house. If house or light skinned negroes were chosen for a position because of their light skin, they often took the position and used it as a chance to hire other blacks or to look after the interest of blacks.

It is undeserved to blame and use all house negroes or mulattoes as the basis for black race traitors because of the few who prized their light skin and white bloodline over field negroes or darker skin unmixed blacks.

To this very day... it vexes me that we still live in a state of divide and conquer as we as fight and distrust each other over skin color and hair texture. We have to realize that we are all BLACK, and part of the CHOCOLATE RAINBOW that varies from blue-black to vanilla. We have to realize that we all contribute to the interest of black people now... and then... regardless of our position or skin color.

So stand up for your house negroes, and realize they should have a more respected and honored place in your history than you currently give them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back