Black People : Stop BET's College Hill

andrewbiz

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 2, 2005
We, the undersigned, are utterly outraged and embarrassed by the way BET has decided to portray black college students. Why did BET have to single out the worst of African Americans in the country to represent us? If they couldn’t have found intelligent and interesting Black People to make a show, then they should have cancelled the show altogether. MTV, at times, seem to be able to find intelligent Black People for their reality shows, so why won’t BET. Glorifying ignorance in the name of “entertainment” has to stop. Not only are they perpetuating the stereotypes about African Americans but they are making them worse. This portrayal is not funny; in fact, it is disparaging and is stifling the future of Black children. BET is seeming, more and more, to be a primary catalyst for the mental slavery of African American youths. Black Embarrassment Television needs to change or re-arrange its ideals, and if they don’t, the “Real Black Community” is going to do something about it. If you agree with this petition please click on the link below and sign the petition; it takes only a miniute. Thanks for making a difference in the black community. http://www.petitiononline.com/ae888/petition.html[/SIZE]

Welcome to Destee.com Andrewbiz! I admit that I have never seen College Hill. Indeed I don't watch anything on BET. I haven't done so in many years, out of protest for the coonery & buffonery that the network has insulted African Americans with for years. Because of this I am not surprised to hear that College Hill portrays black college students in a negative light. That is a pattern for BET which extends before the network was bought out by Viacom! Thank you for posting the petition link. I wish you success in your efforts!

I will go to that site and sign. Like Pan and Nita, I don't watch BET nor do I allow it to be watched in my house. BET is terribly disgusting but then with them "white owned" agenda what better can you expect. "Give the hungry rats some food (money) and they will play anything for ya," is what the white man says and I wish for one time that they would get us pegged wrong. Why do they have to be right so much of the the time? I wish more blacks would boycott BET and then in a matter of weeks we would have better programming and so forth.

Allow me to introduce to you the NEWEST quote going up on my wall:

"IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT, DO IT YOURSELF."

This is the reason why I am concluding complaining about what is on TV. In a matter of time, I will be bringing about a REAL Black Television Network. But that is in the future. Lets talk about now.

I will sign the petition, and I must say that you better check that Entertainment Forum to see how I feel about College Hill. I won't repeat it, but you should find it there. Yes, as a full-time college student at an HBCU I feel that this is ridiculous. What we are trying to do is help build each other, not destroy each other. By the way family, this is the new millenium - anything and everything on TV is on there basically for the money. If there is no money in it, it will not make the air. If you are going to take off College Hill, then the following shows (IMO) should come off with it:

CRIBS- Teaching folks to go after expensive BS that won't last a year
PIMP MY RIDE- Cars are for driving, not show and tell. Besides, a dealership is a dealership

UNCUT- Does more harm than good

And I am only going that far, because I too have not seen BET in awhile; I just happen to keep my eyes open at times.

CD

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back