Stomach issues - alternative recommendations?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by KMTSista, Dec 7, 2009.

1. KMTSista

KMTSista Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +259
    I have been having serious issues with my stomach lately. Everything I eat makes my stomach upset. I can eat a tiny bit of food and I feel as if I've eaten a full plate and my stomach swells something terrible.

I know I have IBS and stomach inflammation problems, but I'm trying to find an alternative to all these pills doctors keep trying to push my way because they always causes other problems.

Does Aloe Vera juice really help these conditions? If so I'm headed to the health food store now.............

2. e-forty

e-forty Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    try eating prunes and water on an empty stomach in the morning, and then drink a table spoon or two of applecider vinegar before meals. I think aloe vera depletes the potassium in your body, you might want to ask the people at the health store first. and you might want to switch to an organic diet and eat less red meat as possible.

3. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    oh boy LOL! This is the third time I'm hearing about apple cider vinegar. I sometimes, evvvvery not and then drink a glass of water with one table spoon of vinegar, but it looks like I'm going to have to do it raw.

I don't eat red meat or pork so I'm all good in that area. And I'm trying to go strictly meatless, at least no turkey and chicken, but stick to fish.

I'm going to give the vinegar a go tomorrow and try the prunes this weekend, cause prunes and public transportation doesn't work to good for me LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Tuau for the information.

4. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Hey e-forty

I tried the vinegar this morning and it helped instantly with the heartburn!

I'm going to get some prunes this weekend and try that as well.

Tuau for the suggestion! :em2300:

5. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Probiotics help with stomach upset too. You buy at the grocer at the health food store.

6. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    One of my Vietnamese students hooked me up with a recipe that i found to be very good. some good saffron mixed in honey. you take a teaspoonful in the morning or whenever, on an empty stomach. since its kept in the frige, you can wash it down with a couple gulps of warm water.

7. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

What kind of probiotics are good?

8. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace fam.

*Sister Blak, some might suggest to you that milk, yoghurt etc has a natural storage of probiotics. While this is true, depending on what ails you don't go there. Probiotics can aid in digestion and sometimes metabolism, but milk also constipates Afrikans so it can be counter-productive. Some good probiotic cultures are: Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophillus og Bifidobacterium bifidum. Usually three or more of these come in capsules together. Bless.*

My KMTSista, if you've got PBS and are suffering from inflammation regularly the positively best way to go about it is food elimination. Don't know why your doctors are giving you pills - oh wait I do know why! Because they don't learn enough about this in school, they only learn how to push drugs for the corporations to gain more revenue and keep you sick so you'll come back.

NOW... enough ranting.

What you need to do is find out what is triggering your IBS. It could be one or two things, it could be very many. Maybe they've tested you for allergies, but IBS or inflammation is just not the same as f.ex. a gluten-allergy.

Start eliminating foods one by one, if it didn't mess you up keep it in your regimen. Start with the most controversial ones;

- animal milk (indigestable by many non-caucasians)
    - bleached/white flour (cement-like for the stomach)
    - peanuts (allergen)
    - cheese and most other dairy (near indigestable by many non-caucasians)
    - sugars (might be candida, sometimes doctors actually miss that)

Example:

Starting sunday you eat light (well-cooked vegetables, fish??? non-acidic fruit) the first half and water fast the last half before you sleep, this is to get some of the things that might be messing you up out. This way the stomach should be good and most importantly 'empty' (unless you cleanse it isn't though) when you wake up.

Then, for example, eat something with white flour in the morning. Check if you feel better, worse or bloated - in short: gauge your systems reaction. Then try it again for the next meal after your inflammation or bloating stops, if it happens again: voila - it's among the culprits.

It might take some training, but after some time you should notice within 30 minutes (or instantaneously) how your stomach takes it. Depending on your feeling, keep it or lay off while you move to the next food group (like dairy). etc.

One,

- Ikoro

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I don't have stomach prob's but if available in your area, try Aloe Vera Juice or gel. The gel (which i often drink) you can mix with water, i usually drink about 2 oz. a day until the 16 oz bottle is gone.....

Also, I would recommend a juicer if you don't have one so you can make your own juice. Strawberry/bananna juice is very good to coat the stomach.

IBS is usually caused by nervousness or pressure, but is easily defeated by meditation instead of medication which is the primary cause of the minds elevation....

10. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320

No DOUBT. Line right here sounds like a rhyme, fam. Could've been KRS or something :D

One,

- Ikoro