Black People : Stockholm syndrome

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

it is my theory that blacks who identify strongly with the oppressor and turn against other blacks are actually showing signs of this disorder:

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker

The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm, Sweden, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28 in 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

jamesfrmphilly,

With this theory of yours, you have described only a very small segment of the Black Community. Malcolm X called these same ones, in his theory, Uncle Toms, and advocated they be done away with, what say you, jamesfrmphilly?

i feel this explains a lot of black behaviour

Yeah it does.
I wonder what's the best tmt for this psychological disorder. I read somewhere that they should not be pressured by family members. So, I guess the Drop Squad was not such a good idea.

But I don't think Malcolm's solution is realistic.

stockholm syndrome is a mental illness.....

With this theory of yours, you have described only a very small segment of the Black Community.
Malcolm X called these same ones Uncle Toms, and advocated they be done away with, what say you, jamesfrmphilly?
i do not think it is a small segment, i think it is most of us that show this to some extent.
you do not "get rid" of people who show a specific mental illness.
"uncle tom" is sick. you fix him.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back