Black Entertainment : Stevie Wonder On Eminem

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Destee, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Legendary singer Stevie Wonder recently criticized Eminem's spoof of pop icon Michael Jackson in the "Just Lose It" music video, which has come under fire of late.

Wonder, reportedly calling Eminem a hypocrite, told Billboard magazine that much of Eminem's success has been due to support from African-Americans and underprivileged groups.

"He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of color," Wonder said. "So for him to come out like that is bull."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Geez, I usually do not defend Eminem. Stevie sticking up for his former label mate at Motown is admirable and understandable. But he is way off on this. Unless there IS another version of the video I did not see. When he impersonate Michael, he does not even touch any little boy and I see the VIDEO many times and the lyric in question does not say he actually touched or molest little boys but speak on or show SEVERAL things that happened to MJ that is true or is popular conjecture as his hair catching fire or his nose falling off. Now he do talk about Pee Wee Herman too with the annoying laugh and his troubles with the law and Em running naked down the street with Dre in a car watching him and the pop icons like Brittney Spears driving by also. All this from a guy that talks about his ex-wife and killing his mom. don't know if his mom actually done something to him growing up or not-writing and selling the lyrics-ain't cool.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    did wonder actually see the video?

is Jackson black this week?

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Thank You for posting this Destee, but I would have to disagree with brother Stevie! Eminem is profitting from copying a black form of music, and he became "authentic" by having the support of black artist (Dre). However much like Elvis before him, Eminem's primary support is white teenagers! While I do know that some black people buy Eminem's music, his black support is small in comparison to his white support. If Hip Hop's buying public was mostly black as it was in the 1980s & early 90s, Eminem would be just another white experiment like the Beastie Boys, 3rd Base, House of Pain, or Vanilla Ice. Indeed, I call Eminem a Vanilla Ice with better timing!

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    but whos to blame? as we discussed in the other thread he is workingon tupacs album (the same guy who wrote white mans world on macaveli), blacks are so kwik to promote these white artists<<<$$$$. true eminem is more talented than most white artists who have attempted main straem rap(*the majority of his work shock entertainment however). but his main supporters are white, according to whiteness is us a.k.a mtv he is the third best emcee of all time...with krs,rakim, and many other notibles not in the top three. why should we be supprised when a yt person turns on us, how about blacks stop selling out for the money.

on the other hand i have zero respect 4 m.j. a man who has tried to turn himself white and adobted or whatever white children. i have not seen the video either...

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The Source is co-founded by a white man! Although the magazine was the 1st to show Eminem's "other" side.

9. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    Look I don't care what anyone thinks or says...If mike was not playing with the kids and not respecting himself as a "Black Man". Don't get me wrong because he is one of the most talented brothers to walk this earth ever but it just seems like when the "Man" turned on him then he became black again? I'm not defending M.J or Eminem on this one because in the entertainment business everything is fair game. Stevie Wonder is just trying to support his brother and it's ok if that is how he feels about it because he has that right but I just see things different and that's my own right.