Black History Culture : Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by UBNaturally, Apr 25, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This is probably too long for some (those that can't watch past 5 minutes), but it brings many thoughts into the forefront.

Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

Does this put certain things into perspective... past, present, and future?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

UBNaturally ... in your own (brief) words, what does it say in your opinion ... and do you agree with it?

From the title alone I'd guess that it's about white people financing black leadership ... am i wrong?

If we don't finance our own leadership ... for whatever reason ... what's the problem with those that do?

What are your thoughts on your topic ... :wink:

Please share ... :swings:

:heart:

Destee

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i wish somebody would finance me......

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

me too ... :bye:

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

It's a video clip... one which is viewable by clicking the link
    Not sure how those questions really relate to the video, but somehow out of context without watching it.

My thoughts on the video was displayed in a brief synopsis of "it brings many thoughts into the forefront"

One of which... why Malcolm X may have been dealt with the way he was.

Going too deep into this would probably take away from what Cokely is discussing, so not trying to take away from the plethora of insight he conveys in the lecture... again, which can be viewed by clicking on the link.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

I feel you ... i know i can click the link and hear / read his words ... but i'm not really into other people's words.

It's the words of those who are here ... that i care most about ... this is a place for us to share our words.

I'm sure our Ancestor hoped to have encouraged us to have our own powerful words, emulating his example.

But anyhow .... you say my thoughts shared above have nothing to do with the subject ... out of context?!

Then let me move ... it's problee times like these that has jamesfrmphilly telling me to stay out of the discussions.

Okay ... i'll move my off-topic self out of the way ... :imout:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Which is why it is linked... the clicking of it is optional just like clicking on any other news article or video posted.

All optional

Don't have to stay out of the discussion or topic.
    Like I stated in the initial post... "This is probably too long for some (those that can't watch past 5 minutes)"

This statement is due to the observation that some can't really view a 10 minute clip, but still respond based on 2 minutes worth of viewing. This is a 2 and a half hour lecture... not many of us have that much leisure time or patience, so this may not be for them.

And cannot summarize what the brother is touching on, other than saying "The Secret Relationships Between Black Leadership and Whites". The Boule, Jewish Elites, Anti-Defamation League, secret organizations, containment of black uprising, black spies, etc.

To respond to the question of if it is agreeable or disagreeable is really not within the context of this historical analysis of what was presented.

But considering that the clip may not be listened to or viewed in it's complete duration, here is something else to chew on then, that I didn't want to post as it may take away from the overall content Cokely was presenting.

The link can be found below, and shouldn't take long to read

The NOI and KKK Alliance (as told by Malcolm)

My thoughts are my thoughts, could talk all day on these things, but what would be the point without any interaction back and forth... done plenty of monologues, blogs and editorials. Cokely seems to do better at explaining his information than I can at the moment, but will add content to support or deflect from what he may have stated.

Cokely also discusses in some of his lectures the relationship between Martin Luther King Jr, Ralph Abernathy Jesse Jackson, and what Cokely breaks down as the Judas factor.

Warning, it's yet another clip (1st of a set of 4; 5th is missing), but information is information... I don't have this type of access, only able to research what others have brought forward.

I mean if we just talk about what we think without any sort of reference, then what is the point in building with anyone... nobody would be able to associate anything with anything.

Can "blacks" be paid, encouraged, and intimidated by "whites" to support the betrayal of those that may be a "potential trouble source" for "white" systems of governance? Indeed.

So this is the foundation for understanding and adding more context to history and present era dynamics, that some avoid and hide from. Not by me stating "I believe this" or "I think that"...

Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i always want to ask this when posts contain little, or nothing, more than a link to a clip. but i figure since if they coulda, they woulda, "ain't no sense to moan".

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

i'm gonna be obedient to my Elder Brother jamesfrmphilly ... and stay out of the discussions.

i shoodn't of been in it anyway ... please continue.

much love and peace

Destee

10. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    kewl smiley (emoticon/emoji/whatever). can it be used as an avatar?