Black People : Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

Good drop, our GroupThink Project-Group assembly operates very similarly to the model of leadership Steve proposes, staying away from the "one" and adopting the group model.

Last edited:
In your own words, what does it say in your opinion ... and do you agree with it?

Comments are welcomed at the link below (working video linked inside thread)
Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

Cokey, may he rest in power, was a great researcher and good at connecting many dots
and bringing to light things that otherwise many of us would not have known.
Do I agree that the white financing of black leadership, as in an act which has and does
take place, I'd say yes.

Last edited:
Ralph Ellison's, Invisible Man is about what he is speaking on. Whites Finance Black leadership. On of my favorite books. Timeless.

The main character, whose name is never mentioned, graduates from college with the one goal of becoming involved in community activitism. He is almost immediately introduced to a club of white men who developes and assignes Black leaders. He's assigned to different Black communities according to what the white men, he reports to, have assed what the problem is...etc, etc.

(Teaser- not spoil alert ☺️) Ond of my best reads.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back