Black People : Steve Cokely On Jesse Jackson

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by crwn, Feb 13, 2014.

1. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
  2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    I remember hearing the claims that Jesse rubbed the blood on his clothes, which was somewhat of a red flag.
    Guess this is another one of those "sensitive" topics.

Still working on getting this complete lecture

Also ties in with his other lecture:
    Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership

This image makes me think of a staged photo op
    http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/US/gty_mlk_jesse_jackson_kb_130403_blog.jpg

Why was Jesse all over the news and not Ralph or Andy??
    Jesse was a very logical successor to Dr. King?

http://i.imgur.com/AUybGQe.jpg
    The no tie thesis is interesting as well

Coretta's head turn was a good catch, but was it due to something else?
    Did Ralph or Coretta say anything that would be considered a chide toward Jesse later?
    http://i.imgur.com/V488J16.png

Was there any sort of recognizable tension afterwards?

Keep an open mind, but still be careful in presuming things
    http://keyconversationsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dto4-farrakhan-and-jackson.jpg

We really have little understanding on what goes on behind closed doors, but in the general sense of what is allowed to be shared or leaked to the public.

3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    By the way...

What are your thoughts on your topic?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    who is steve cokely?

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
  6. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    That's a good question!
    Black people have way too much invested in their religious leaders to even consider that any of them would ever betray us. Know this though, your leaders, clergy and other footstools are trained pacifiers that will nullify any ideas you may have for progression. Why do you think that "you" have failed to prosper? Ef them all.

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Indeed, I typically take people that speak at face value and allow their words to be respected, giving them the benefit without doubt. But when something raises concern by way of word(s), action(s), or association(s), then doubt... reasonable doubt, creeps in, and that benefit is no longer given.

Once one allows doubt to be created, and one doesn't sufficiently rebuke the reasonable doubts, that doubt only becomes stronger and creates an atmosphere where some begin to question and doubt any that would share similar traits or characteristics of seeming "shady".

Did Jesse have something to do with it?

Probably, but maybe not to the level that we can conclude he was aware of the murder plot.
    But if anything, Cokely (as well as other sources) presents affects that propose Jesse had more knowledge about the murder than he has publicly revealed, which to me is just as equal if not more abhorrent than being directly involved.

Wiping the blood on his shirt seemed like a ritual of blood sacrificing in order to make a proclamation (for those familiar with what blood letting or blood initiation is; blood brother). Why would anyone do this, tell everyone else not to speak to the media, and then go and do rounds with the media as if appointed the spokesperson carte blanche?

How he was to proclaim himself as the "heir-apparent" for the movement and not Ralph.

Which only made the tension between the two (Ralph and Jackson, as well as his understudy, Al Sharpton ) grow to where they (Jackson and Sharpton) created their own versions.

• Rainbow/PUSH - Jesse Jackson (1971)
    • National Youth Movement - Al Sharpton (1971)

Jackson was Sharpton's "mentor" at the time when he was 16 (do the math). He was 14 when Jackson made him "youth director" of the NYC branch of SCLC. And the story goes that Sharpton was deemed an "ordained minister" at the age of 10 years.

Sharpton would later create the National Action Network 20 years later in 1991 based around his clergy recognition, and incorporate the youth movement.

20 years later, how much changed?

2011:
    NAN’s Youth Movement Coordinates “Shake Off The Violence” Tour

They have seemingly been lock-step since, trying to push their representation of protest boycotts, without the boycotts. When they begin protesting for more jobs and legislation to eliminate "license to kill" memorandums for patrolling overseers, then maybe we would start paying attention again.

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    More to chew on...

Video Link:
    Dr. King killed by civil rights Preacher

This is Samuel (Billy) Kyles

More images of him posing with the door for room 306 than with King.

The information below made me pause, and not because it was anything mind blowing... but because... just look:

Guessing this is his twitter...
    The Witness Room 306

Nothing interesting right?

Look once more at the image used for the avatar

along side this one...
    The Witness: Reverend Samuel Billy Kyles

Could be my eyes, but these look like the same image imposed onto one or the other

But as for what Dick Gregory stated:

"What you fixin to witness now, is the man who came by to get King to take him to dinner, and 30 years later at a press conference he slipped... because God do baffle your mind sometimes"

Martin King - Died 1968
    So this would have been 1998 when this conference was held

King-Ray Alliance Baffles Observers By Paul Shepard 4-25-98

WASHINGTON (AP) - The dreamer's son and the dream-killer spoke only a few minutes that day 13 months ago. But the prison meeting between a deathly ill James Earl Ray and Dexter King, son of Martin Luther King Jr., left many in the civil rights movement cringing.

Ray peered into the eyes of Dexter King and mumbled, ``I had nothing to do with shooting your father.''

Replied King, seated three feet away, ``I believe you.''

In that meeting on March 27, 1997, America's first family of civil rights seemed to deliver absolution to a man who by nearly all accounts was responsible for murdering King.

In the aftermath of Ray's death Thursday, the King family's relationship with the convicted murder stands as one of the more bizarre twists in the 30-year ordeal set off by King's shooting on a Memphis motel balcony.

``I simply don't understand it,'' said Rev. Samuel Billy Kyles, pastor of Monumental Baptist Church in Memphis and a former King aide who stood alongside the civil rights leader as the fatal shots were fired in 1968.

``I would much rather have seen Dexter say, `In the spirit of my father, I forgive you. Now tell me who else was involved.' But to say that he believes in Ray's innocence when everything points right there, I just .

Kyles didn't complete the sentence. He didn't need to convey his incredulity, a sense shared by Julian Bond, another former King aide who now is board chairman of the NAACP.

``I'm mystified,'' Bond said last week of the King-Ray alliance. ``I have never seen any evidence that shows that James Earl Ray did not pull the trigger. I'm open to the argument that others were involved, but to say Ray wasn't involved is impossible to me.''

Ray's Friday autopsy showed he died of liver failure caused by chronic hepatitis. He had tried in vain to get a liver transplant that he hoped would give him more time to prove he didn't kill King.

In 1993 Ray’s lawyer, William F. Pepper, sought to build popular support to reopen Ray’s case by staging a televised mock trial of Ray in which the ‘‘jury’’ found him not guilty. In 1997 members of King’s family publicly supported Ray’s appeal for a new trial, and King’s son Dexter Scott King supported Ray’s claims innocence during a televised prison encounter. Despite this support Tennessee authorities refused to reopen the case, and Ray died in prison on 23 April 1998.

_______________________________________________​

Final Call Newspaper retraction and correction
    Aug 26, 2003

Here is an article going into more detail about the Dexter Scott, Jesse Jackson, Samuel Kyles quandary

Maybe Dick Gregory and Farrakhan should have that sit down and talk about some things, you know, historical information about black people working with agencies to help take down mobilizing black beings.
    While at it, could ask about that Scientology thing too, I mean... with all that inside info Dick Gregory gets "on his own" (ahem, cough), he should be able to figure it out.

While talking about this meeting, here...

Malik El Shabazz - Died 1965

Seven years later...
    Video Link:
    Louis Farrakhan Praises Malcolm X Killers (1972)

Dick said "30 years later" right? ... About thirty years later... 1993

Video Link:
    Louis Farrakhan stating that Malcolm X was a traitor to the Nation of Islam

"In the Future, We Gonna Become a Nation"

Notice... Malik was not a traitor to black or Pan Africans, but to the so called "Nation of Islam".

But Dick Gregory says Black People Aren't Qualified to Fix Our Condition

Guess this is where Hell Ron Hubbard comes in some 20+ years after this proclamation

Notice that Dick doesn't talk about the "agents" that were claimed to have been inside the organization like he digs up the information on the other situations. Just consider the thought.

But he probably already did so at an earlier time, and thought better of it.

"Backstage at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem one day," Malcolm writes, "Dick Gregory looked at me. 'Man,' he said, 'Muhammad's nothing but a ...' I can't say the word he used. Bam! Just like that. My Muslim instincts said to attack Dick, but instead I felt weak and hollow... I knew Dick, a Chicagoan, was wise in the ways of the streets.... I can't describe the torments I went through."
    Is this what Dick really thought, and if so, has he changed his mind?