Black Sports : STEROIDS ASTERISKS AND BARRY BEE...

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Isaiah, May 24, 2006.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Peops, I wanna ask you catz and kittens some questions...

Firstly, has Barry Bonds ever tested positive for STEROIDS??? I listen to ESPN RADIO a lot, and all I hear is that, like Simpson, the guy is guilty, but there is no real proof or evidence presented to substantiate beyond doubt that he's guilty... It is guilt by his assoiciations, or by what he DIDN'T SAY, or DIDN'T DO, as in his associations with his trainer, and the cat from BALCO, and his testimony under immunity at the grand jury hearings.... I refuse to buy this stuff as evidence... The writers talk about what a terribel guy he is, and they don't seem to understand that their hatred of the guy convinces me more that they are out to get him, than to bring the noize in terms of providing proof... I don't live like that... Just 'cause someone is YOUR ENEMY don't make the guy MY ENEMY... White folks believe in that sorta garbage, and have convinced other whites that BARRY is an A-HOLE... Sorry, I am African just like BARRY, and I don't believe that hype...

Secondly, with all the talk surrounding placing asterisks next to his records should he surpass RUTH(not Aaron, for some reason), why no talk about asterisks being placed next to McGwire's and Sosa's records??? McGwire, we know, used androstein Dione, a banned substance... The evidence was found in jug in the guys locker!!! Come the EFF on, now! Sosa was using corked bats(just as Da BABE, it is acknowledged, used!)... No friggin' talk of asterisks... What's up, peops??? What it BE???

Thirdly, and lastly, those of us who are old enough to have followed the 4-time superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers of the 1970's, know these cats pioneered the use of STEROIDS in professional Footbal, and just about all of their offensive linemen are DEAD from that era, and many believe STEROIDS is responsible... Not only that, but many of the guys who followed, and played with the veterans of those great teams, picked up the habit of using STEROIDS, too... In light of what is going on in baseball, and with the admissions of at least one of those Steeler players(Steve Courson) that he and his teammates used steroids in that era, and on those great teams, should there be some ASTERISKS placed next to the STEEL CURTAIN'S superbowl Chapionships??? I mean, in the interests of fairness, is it cool to be making Barry BEE the posterchild for Steroid use, when we have cold hard evidence to the effect that 'roid use has been going on in pro sports for 35 years, and have decided championships, and produced records that wouldna prolly happened without 'em???

Yawl holla back, now...

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Brother you need to start a Blog or something cause I know you'd get a hundred thousand hits a day!

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Baseball history has pretty much established that anyone who chases after the "babe" is going to get dragged through the mud in the process. Anyone who thinks the disgusting treatment of Bonds is anything less is fooling themselves.

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The hatred of bary bonds started long ago. He is one of those players like kareem adul jabar, isaiah rider , albert bell that doesnt make nicee with the devils weilding their pens of hatred. the media especially hates bonds because they cant control him, he tells them what time it is.

forget the seventies braotha I , one of of the bigest , cowardly, late hitting, cheap shot artists ever to play in the nfl--bill romanowski admitted he was on roids for a long time. grtanted bonds is a bigger name than bill romanowski, the white media seems to tolerate the mgwires and romanowskis. although i have heard a few white sports talking heads say roids or no roids bonds is one of the best ever, skip balis said that on espn the other day.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I never felt he did any and right today he still poppin HOMERUNS
    and there's no reason why he's not the HOMERUN King now Babe & Hank & Mark & sammy
    have to just take back seat to the man B.Bonds who ever believe that crap is being
    fooled out there shorts !

it's true that the use of these drugs have capture many titles and glory fame for
    teams , players and so forth.

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    One thing Isaiah hit at is that we don't know what drugs these athletes of yester year where or where not using. Athletes always take drugs from pain killers to steriods to help them get through a long grueling season. I've read about many fighters in the 1930s, 40s, and 50s being givin smelling salts in between rounds to revive them. That certainly is an effort to artificially strengthen an athlete, yet no one discredits their efforts.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Doctors perscribe steroids to help atheletes and people in general get over leg, knee, and other injuries.

By the way, has anyone noticed barry bonds is being beamed frequently by pitchers-white boy pitchers lately\? it seems he is intentionally hit by a pitch at least once a week now, i can count at least twice in the last two weeks.

Some 19 yr old punk that caught barrys 714 says he wont give it back unless barry pays, he also said he "hates" barry. this is what the media is breeding in white america.

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Pan, that's a very good point... Fact of the matter is, these writers informed ME that the consumption of performance-enhancing drugs have been a problem in professional sports for decades, and some of those drugs were actually specific to certain sports, such as amphetamines in major league baseball...steroids and pain-killers in football and basketball...

Some foks suggest that, both, Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning are the victims of the use of pain-killers that caused extensive damage to their kidneys and liver... In fact, as both played with the Charlotte Hornets, and recent allegations that Carolina Panther players were fed steroids like candy, I wonder if there is a connection to a team doctor or trainer in that situation???

That having been said, Pan's point about this being all about the "untouchable" White Icon in all of Pro sports, George Herman "Babe" Ruth, is at the bottom of it all, and the top... And that is despite all of their denials... Hank is the all-time Homer King, and he is not even being mentioned in this... Hank is actually cheering Barry on, because Hank went through this garbage back in the '70's, and he remembers how it all went down... It was so horrible, the magnitude of the open hatred directed at our brother, and I remember it well...

Also, Mr. T's points about Bill Romanowski!!! Oooooh, boy! Lyle Alzado, too! The evidence is all around us, but Barry - a Black man - MUST be put out there as the poster child of all of this... Bill Romanowski and his wife were both under indictment for drug trafficking of controlled substances, and Alzado was just a living mess, who later died of brain cancer from using that garbage... I'm sure there'll be no asterisks placed next to the sacks and tackles and championships won by these cowardly culprits... And let's not forget Romanowski and Alzado were on at least 3 Superbowl winning teams with the 49ers and Raiders...... That's kinda weird that this stuff is all going on in the BAY AREA of California... What's up with that???(smile!) Hmmmm...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Ever since the beginning of pro sports athletes have always searched for something to give them an edge.....from greenies to anabolics there's always been something and always will be If Barry wasn't about to crack old Babe nothing would have been said.......like Pan said nobody knows what the oldschoolers took because back then nobody tested.....back in the day boxing trainers gave their fighters "secret" substances calling them vitamins whether pill form or in covered bottles performance enhancing drugs has been around forever it's only when them old records white folk put up are on the verge of being crushed by Black athletes that the uproar starts.......personally I love Barry and hope he passes Ruth tomorrow.....hell if they put Ruth's record up when he played in a white only league why not put Josh Gibson's record up......it's all garbage ...Go Barry ......but I don't think he'll catch Hank though.....Pujols will be the cat that catches Hank barring any early career ending injuries......

Red