Black People : STEPS TO BRING BACK THE BLACK

Riada said:
It's just the advocating of 'Black women to have more and more babies part' that bothers me.

I didn't mention white men. I said "other" men. As for white men sending their sons off to fight wars, don't ALL men send off the youth among them to fight wars?

As for other groups of women continuing to have babies by men who treat them in a "low-down" way, I don't care as much how he treats the woman because she can exercise some control over that. I am more concerned with how a man treats his children, whether he's there for them or not.

Regarding non-Black women continuing to have babies by their men, no matter what, well just let generations of their men start abandoning them and their children, as ours do, and see if they don't switch up.

For some reason, there are too many times a “beyond reasonable” attack on and generalization of all Black men, that surreptitiously cloaks itself as a proper critique of absent Black fathers. And I have never shied from the real event of splintered Black families, and the problems of Black fathers connecting with their children. But I just don’t want to go into a propaganda-fostered twilight zone intended to just demean and dehumanize Black people, male or female. For many times we are used as the white man’s scapegoat and there are still those who would love to expedite the decline and demise of the Black family and all African people worldwide!

In light of your post as I look for context and not excuses, men of all nations have abandoned their wives, children and families, at different times in their history. If you examine how women have been treated all over the world in many other cultures, you will see that Black men are not the abnormal pariahs that we are painted to be. In most cultures, the slightest offence could have or had a woman killed, ostracized, abandon and castigated. But these women are not preoccupied with promoting the shutting down their wombs and the sport of maligning their men.

And we should know like others that, the Black nation is more important than any one of us alone.

And again, I'm not trying to make light of any of our growing issues or other pathologies growing out of control, in both Black men and Black women.

We cannot always just see the white man in his home and not make an proper analysis of how his woman relates to him. Is he there regardless of how he’s related to?

Do you really know how easily bruised white men ego’s are, and all the issues they have about their self-image and sense of security?

Do you really know the domestically restrained role most Asian, European and Arab women have been subjugated to for centuries? You can’t just study African women in a vacuum or isolation, and then make a damning summation or observation concerning Black men role or lack thereof.

Why do you think the media and the woman’s movement have historically, seductively and subliminally used the Black woman persona or image as the spear point of women’s rights and other subconscious reasons? The image of a manless, bodacious, domineering and desexualized forceful Black woman is used as an ideological release-valve to help white women balance their restrictive patriarchal realities. Historically Mammy becomes the comedy and emotional relief, a caricature of liberated womanhood to ease the white woman’s anguish, while they (white women) perform their productive female role keeping the patriarchal engines of western cultures churning.

Why are western governments like the U.S. using someone like Condoleezza Rice to sell the idea and image of the rebutting and rebuking woman of color to most of the third world non-white countries? All the while, the white woman with her PhD. is getting cookie recipes from Martha Steward and domestic advice from Oprah. It is not uncommon for many non-black women in the West with advanced degrees to become housewives and have multiple children families. And believe it or not, she will also work and have children, and let ole Jim stay at home and work on his life long dream.

They know their way of life is in danger and are not running from the answer, but running toward the answer.

I just use these examples to say, just don't pat that white man or any other non-black man on his head for being still in his home, while demonizing the Black man's absence without telling or examining the whole story!

Black women don’t want to be marginalized and I agree with that sentiment, but marginalized from the center of what; a proper Black family structure that doesn’t exist?

And like a friend of mines once said, “if you think white families are not splintering, just work at the airport and see all those white children of divorces flying all over the U.S. trying to spend their allotted time with their other parent.”

Believe me, they're having their own serious issues too (as quiet as it's kept). Now the question is, who's going to handle their issues the best...

Peace:cool:

Blaklioness said:
You tickle me!! LOL! You got MANTY a million dollar word! LOL! It's all good though....my only concern was with people saying that nonblacks get the best of the lot from our race. My feeling is NO they do not, so why do I frequently hear those references being made? What is the belief actually based on? Peace...LOL (smh...you're a mess!..LOL)

well let's tickle each other...:lol:...:D

You know perceptions are everything…one statistic says 6% of Black men interracially marry, which is still extremely low when compared to other groups. Without researching this right off hand, I wouldn’t doubt this perspective is based on mostly observing Black men who are highly educated and are in the executive and/or more white-collar world. Because this group is smaller and more concentrated in a particular income strata, by perception, in comparison to the blue-collar brothers and the broader Black community this groups marital choices are probably more noticeable. And I wouldn’t be surprised that they are interracially marrying in higher numbers and make up a large part of that 6% than brothers who are tradesmen, blue collar workers and who are in the service industries.

So by perception, it only looks like our greatest, best and brightest are marrying non-blacks, if you use just higher education and higher incomes as your only profile.

Peace

karmashines said:
And if a nation is dealing with poverty so extreme that people can't eat, then that's another situation where people need to consider is it appropriate to have a baby at that time?

But that is not the reason why educated or professional Black women in the west do not want to have children. It's more about selfishness and perception rather than financial issues or facts. I think they have been bamboozled about the Black males image.

“Mind control = womb control” in the Black community, the white supremacist erotic and heavenly dream all together.

Sun Ship said:
For some reason, there are too many times a “beyond reasonable” attack on and generalization of all Black men, that surreptitiously cloaks itself as a proper critique of absent Black fathers. And I have never shied from the real event of splintered Black families, and the problems of Black fathers connecting with their children. But I just don’t want to go into a propaganda-fostered twilight zone intended to just demean and dehumanize Black people, male or female. For many times we are used as the white man’s scapegoat and there are still those who would love to expedite the decline and demise of the Black family and all African people worldwide!

Peace:cool:

Gee, a few weeks ago, I was blasted on here by a Brotha who felt I was being way too sympathethic to, in his words several "generations of Black men who have abandoned their children." Now, you're accusing me of a "beyond reasonable attack" that is "surreptititously cloaked" against absent Black fathers. LOL!! Y'all never stop.

It's okay with me because ya know what, Bro. Sun Ship, I've decided that whatever y'all say, I'm NEVER going to be one of those Sistas caught out there with a whole bunch of babies to fend for all on my own. Then if I go crazy from all the stress and make headlines, I can just imagine some of the posts on here from some of y'all blaming me for "not choosing" the right Black man, just like some on here constantly blame other Sistas for choosing the wrong Black man or not bringing up the kids right.

What's ironic is now that the message has finally gotten through to some of us Sistas to stop having all these babies that we can't handle on our own, now some of you are trying to push us back to where we came from.

Ya know, I truly wish I could give you all of my eggs and let you have all the babies that you would wish upon me. I wonder whether you'd really have all those babies and take that great big chance of having to raise them all alone.

Sun Ship said:
But that is not the reason why educated or professional Black women in the west do not want to have children. It's more about selfishness and perception rather than financial issues or facts. I think they have been bamboozled about the Black males image.

“Mind control = womb control” in the Black community, the white supremacist erotic and heavenly dream all together.

While I don't disagree that there's a lesser amount of kids being born to many black women, I don't think it's from the reasons you stated. Professional people tend to want to wait until they get themselves established to have kids. And then when they do have them it's sort of expensive to take care of them and still have a career. The cost of daycare is absolutely ridiculous nowadays.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back