Black People : Stephen A. Smith puts "the black community" in it's place.

I'm not referring to this thread although the only thing that have kept it from going there within this thread is the rules and enforcers of this site. As Steven A. Smith said, he was said not to be one of us, that he wasn't Black, etc., etc., etc. an all out, full court press on the man just because he spoke words that many of us here agree with.
I do not have a problem with that. I said that in my first post.
Smith wasn't offended by what cuban said. Neither was/am I.
The clip I posted is an extension of the subject matter from
a previous show in which smith said he had no problem with
what cuban said. I'm cool with smith defending himself against
being called a sell out and uncle tom.

I'm gonna leave it there for now, because I wanna try to hold out
for NortheastGroover to respond to my last post to him.

And the way they wish to stymie the discussion... its wrong to speak on this in a public forum where 'they' see us critical of others in our group... but don't understand that our ethnic group does not have a private forum which the race uses to discuss our issues.
So their idea of being constructive is basically no discussion on the issues while destructive behaviors and attitudes continue and they remain silent.
The problem is... some people care about the wrong things. They enjoyed Bill Cosby saying that there are issues with racism, but not when he admonished our wayward souls on their behavior.
The same with Smith... he literally comments along the lines of the inherent stupidity of the athletes...
For one, you are worth millions for playing a sport... why jeopardize your future for drugs? For speaking out on social media? For behaviors which will get you kicked off the team... simply don't be that guy.
Who do you wish to speak on it? Skip?
People really care too much what white people think of us to the point where they can't deal with what we are saying what needs to be done in order to succeed in that profession... unless you are able to create your own ladder.
Being constructive is simply not alienating our people with name calling and immature attacks rather than addressing them with logic and reason. Being constructive doesn't mean to not hold the discussion, but to hold the discussion in a manner that doesn't alienate and is considerate of the perspective others hold that might differ from your own. Civilized, mature people can do that and it is absolutely essential for solutions and progress.

I do not have a problem with that. I said that in my first post.
Smith wasn't offended by what cuban said. Neither was/am I.
The clip I posted is an extension of the subject matter from
a previous show in which smith said he had no problem with
what cuban said. I'm cool with smith defending himself against
being called a sell out and uncle tom.

I'm gonna leave it there for now, because I wanna try to hold out
for NortheastGroover to respond to my last post to him.
My point is that it is counter productive for him to have to spend time defending himself against distractive attacks when that time could be used to hold the more mature conversation and develop solutions.

Being constructive is simply not alienating our people with name calling and immature attacks rather than addressing them with logic and reason. Being constructive doesn't mean to not hold the discussion, but to hold the discussion in a manner that doesn't alienate and is considerate of the perspective others hold that might differ from your own. Civilized, mature:toast: people can do that and it is absolutely essential for solutions and progress.

mature....this is critical in any discussion.

My point is that it is counter productive for him to have to spend time defending himself against distractive attacks when that time could be used to hold the more mature conversation and develop solutions.
Well,
You're gonna
have to take that
up with smith.

Since he 'went there',
he is fair game.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back