Black People : Stephen A. Smith puts "the black community" in it's place.

Brutha JB, while I can say that I've seen evidence of this in my live, I can also say that we haven't cornered the market on slackin'!! In your opinion are We slackers because We are Black or are there other issues that must be addressed??
Nooo, I'm not accusing anyone here as slackers, I'm just commenting on what Smith is saying. I have much respect for the peeps here at Destee.

Brutha JB, while I can say that I've seen evidence of this in my live, I can also say that we haven't cornered the market on slackin'!! In your opinion are We slackers because We are Black or are there other issues that must be addressed??
What needs to be addressed is why we are not doing what we supposed to be doing, getting a good education, going into business, delivering a good service and products and we as a black community being a base customer for thriving black enterprises, this was removed from our culture and it is what holding us back.

Nooo, I'm not accusing anyone here as slackers, I'm just commenting on what Smith is saying. I have much respect for the peeps here at Destee.

I'm not quite sure what you agree with stephen smith about, would you care to clarify? To me he was essentially saying that one must assimilate into the majority culture i.e. act, dress and speak in a manner that makes the majority comfortable. While I can see how this thing may open a few doors for you, they in themselves are not essential.

Also the We that I was speaking about was Black people as a whole.

I'm not quite sure what you agree with stephen smith about, would you care to clarify? To me he was essentially saying that one must assimilate into the majority culture i.e. act, dress and speak in a manner that makes the majority comfortable. While I can see how this thing may open a few doors for you, they in themselves are not essential.

Also the We that I was speaking about was Black people as a whole.
Yes he is saying that. You and everyone in this world have to conform to some degree it is a fact of life. If you going to have a life in the professional world you have to conform to their rules but that does not mean you have to shed your individuality but while you are at work and if you are being paid by someone else as a professional YES you have to conform. You Know This so why do I have to explain?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back