Black People Politics : Stealing Isis

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Perfection, May 11, 2013.

1. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    pretender.jpg

A few months back I was watching this movie which was being streamed through one of these on-line video clubs. I can't recall the name of the movie but I can share some of the details in it. It was about this young, professional Brotha who had died and he left a number of his friends some of his belongings and wealth. He stipulated in his will that in order for them to get any of his estate, all of the friends must come together and hammer out their issues by spending so much time together (I think it was for a weekend).

I didn't see all of the movie because it was a yawn. But before I turned the off button on this movie, there was a very interesting piece that I gotta share with you.

In one scene, there were these two Sistahs and a couple of Brothas I believe. One of the Sistahs was with a girl who was white. In stereotypical fashion she, the white one, was drooling over one of the Brothas there who was a basketball player.

But back to the scene. You have two Black Women, at least, and maybe a couple of Brothas and a girl who is white. One of the Sistahs, who was not with the girl who is white, then eyed her down suggesting with her stare "Why are you here white girl?"

Then, there was a subject that was brought up having to do with something 'black' and the girl who is white said something like she was in agreement with what was just said by one of the Black Women. Sort of like a "I hear you Sistah girl...you telling the truth."

Now the Sistah who eyed the girl who was white looked at her with a mindset like, "You don't know nothing about being black...so see your way out!"

Remember, this Sistah just looked at her...didn't SAY a word. Her eyes spoke. Then the girl who is white responded, verbally, to the Sistah's stare by saying with seriousness and matter of fact-like, "What?...I'm black."

Nobody, for about a few moments said anything. Not a word. They looked at each other with surprise, but did not say anything. The girl who is white said what she did in a manner as if to dare one of the black people to reject her claim. I found that disturbing.

It was if though the girl who was white threw an enchantment of confusion on these Brothas and Sistahs.

But then, the Sistah who eyed her earlier saw nobody would correct the confusion and you can tell she was about to go in...so with a raised finger she was about to begin but the girl who was white got pulled away immedaitely by another Sistah. So the girl who was white was narrowly saved from a much needed lesson in biology, race and history.

I bring this up for a number of reasons. First, you might say, 'C'mon Brotha, it was just a movie...a comedy just to get a laugh." On the surface it was sure. But never forget, there is not one single detail in any movie that is not calculated for a purpose. Movie makers don't waste video tape on pointless scenes and dialogues.

This should also be considered by us because there seems to be a quiet surge of distinctly non-black women in mainstream venues claiming either to be a Black Woman, or, in the above picture attached to this note, you have a woman who is a model and white trying to impersonate a Black Woman, or, more specifically based on her photo title an "African Queen."

In other words, it's becoming more and more popular for non-black women to become Isis who are the real Black Women Queens. To me this is more than just what has been happening regarding the impersonating of the Black Woman's body that we've been seeing for the last 15 years or so.

All this is taking place while there seems to be an assault by way of imagery against those authentic African Queens (Black Women).

It seems that others are tuned into the greatness of Black Women---as many of us are.

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. I agree.

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    So, you are saying...they are flattering black women because they want to look like us or assaulting black women because they think they look like a "better us"? Because assault isn't flattering. :lol:

I'm just trying to get what you mean. :)

3. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    No problem. There's actually many ways you can look at this. What you surmised is true in many senses because many non-black women seemed to wanna be Black Women. The flattery part is just incidental to my observations...so I threw in the axiom for effect.

As to the assault, of course that is not flattering but I mention the assault to demonstrate this contradiction (slash) obsessesion some of these non-black women and the image-makers have with Black Women. That is to say, I'm asking us to pay more attention to this dichotomy of those who try to demean Black Women but at the same time try everything they can to be like Black Women. And that we should wonder why this surge in trying to steal Isis.

Also, I think your "better us" is on the money. I have always thought that when observing some women who are white trying to be Isis. It always seemed to me that they are saying to themselves--just like you stated--"I can do a Black Woman better than a Black Woman."

4. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Only a disdained human being states --"I can do a Black Woman better than a Black Woman." Not wanting to knowingly share the pride of mother earth with her cohorts for some reason or another. So when the token woman can't represent all the way well lessons will be picked up, sometimes incorrect adaptations of the true prize. Then take what represents you and live on the Africans Queen permanent, sometimes disdain, flattery.

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324

Thank you for the explanation. :) The "assault isn't flattering" was just in jest, by the way. I know you didn't mean that. :p

Really sad though that they'd try to be better versions of what they aren't. A woman should want to be herself; we're all gift to men, anyhow; we just come in different packages. :10300:

6. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Pffttt...I always hated seeing white women trying to emulate black women...
    I knew a couple white girls who try and sound "black" when they talk and try to be "down" and date black men..I am in no way flattered.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    [​IMG]
    if memory serves me it was an asian photographer who put a european model in black face. if you look at the print it is kinda japanese.

8. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    can't see the image here...please re-post

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    it is the same one you were referring to….

10. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    One of the reasons why I posted these thoughts is to bring more attention to the fact that there are a number of non-black women (there's not one certain group as we believe) who have these obsessions with our Queens. The following is a Korean singing group.

mock.jpg

You see, I'm thinking it's more here than the typical "offense" method. Of course 'we're going to be offended and rightfully so but why the need to engage in constant efforts to assault Black Women? Then, at the same time try to be like here?

There are more underlying issues going on here.