Black People : STD thread closed too soon

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I'm trying to figure out why the thread was closed the way that it was? I listened to and watched the whole video and obviously somebody here --didn't. Granted, the title was misleading....but for those who watched and listened to the video, there are some fine points that need to be addressed ---by those of us who designate ourselves as being black ---to our daughters.

1. The brother wasn't just talking that bs around his daughter...she was ACTUALLY INTERVIEWING HIM.

2. The brother spoke and addressed his daughter in terms of what kind of man he didn't want to see her come home with and why?

3. He equally addressed the fact that Black Women have more power than they know that they have in their choice of the type of man that they get with and why.

Obviously, not everyone listened and watched the video...or, they went into it already EMOTIONALLY CHARGED by the title and as such, the real messages (eg. as I've outlined) were grossly missed.

i am so tired of males harping on women around here. when is anyone going to man up and harp on they own butte?

Hello James:

I viewed the video quite thoroughly w/o all the emotional attachment to the mis title.

I did and agree with Keita on all 3 points. And will further venture to state that I learned in nursing school the hidden fact that men are the carriers of STDs simply by virtue of their anatomy.

The title is so very misleading. :thinking:

I gather that the main point here is that the man sitting on the couch with sunglasses on is attempting to emphasize the fact that women need to raise their standards as it concerns selecting a quality mate...yet, what this common sense logic has to do with the medical fact that ALL MALES ARE THE CARRIERS OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED VENEREAL DISEASES is way beyond my vast scope of medical knowledge.:eek:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back