Black Relationships : Staying friends.

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by babyshy1, Jul 11, 2009.

1. babyshy1

babyshy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Hey everyone, So a year ago I broke up with my ex boyfriend. It's a long story, but we were both young stuff happened and it just didn't work out. I had no intention of ever seeing him again and he tried to talk to me many times but I needed time to get over him. About 9 months ago we started talking again and we talked over everything that had happened and we agreed to stay friends. At first things weren't too good and i still had feelings for him but now i know I'm completely over him and we are getting along okay.

He sometimes asks when I will come and visit him, he now lives around 100 miles away from me. So yesterday I said I was going to visit him this week ( As a joke) and he seemed quite happy about it and I realized he did actually want to see me.

I really want to see him. He was a good friend before we got together and it's a shame to let it spoil things. The thing is my friends don't understand why i would want to see him, but it's my life and they dont know the half of it. But at the same time I think why am i travelling so far to see this guy? We can still be friends right?

I just don't want him to get excited and think it's something more you know?
    This is more of a vent but some input would be nice. Thank you.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Sister Babyshy1 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Vent on Sister !!! :teach:

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things.

Keep yourself safe.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Hi There

I am friends with just about any man I dated, lived with and married unless they abused me. You have to have had something in common or something about them that made you even want to be in the space in the first place. Dont listen to your friends...they are just hating. LOL One just left my house and he and I havent dated in over 5 years been friends for 10.

4. Lataisha Nicole

Lataisha Nicole Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sickle Cell Foundation/ making the world a better
    Ratings:
    +20
    Greetings, I agree with Linda totally. I also know that reguardless of what your friends think, you need to admit that you still love him. And of course he's going to know that you love him after you drive all that way to see him. There's nothing wrong with seeing where things will go. Keep an open mind, and if friendship is in the cards then truly that is the best gift that another human could offer. Sometimes I truly believe that more often than not we meet these people that we connect to on so many different levels. Matrimony is not always in the cards for everyone.But what to do with all of those emotions that races when once chemistry sparks.After all of that it would be silly not to be friends, when friendship was what was destined from the beginning.Just be true to yourself and follow your heart. Bless!