Black Spirituality Religion : Stay Focused on the Promises of God!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by greaterdestiny, Sep 30, 2002.

1. greaterdestiny

greaterdestiny New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    There are times even in a believer's life when a believer can feel that they are are on the losing team, and there is not much time left on the clock of life to turn the game of life around. Sometimes we should be honest and just admit that even though we are at the church whenever the doors are open, that there are times when we just can't see our way past all of the troubles we must encounter in life. One can reach the very pinacle of ministry and be highly celebrated by many others and still struggle with inner conflicts. Many of us are struggling in places where others can't see, despite our carrying the biggest Bible in the building and despite knowing all of the word's to all of the top ten evangelist's best sermons. There will come times when a believer will not get encouragement from the crowd even from those who mean well. We must resolve to stay focused on the promises of God even when we are going through the fire and the flood. Hardly anyone admits on the cover of their "Christian Best Seller" that they are sometimes struggling too. We are now living in an age where so many believers want to measure up to the superficial standards that other believers have setup for them, where if you are sick, you must not be in your Word, or if you are having money problems then you must not be living what the Bible says. However; I submit to you that you can do virtually everything right that you possibly can and still go through the valleys of life. Consider that if you had never been sick you wouldn't know the Lord as a healer, and how could you have ever known the Lord as a On Time God if he had never showed up On Time. Stay focused on the promises of God and not people and rest in the the assurance that what God has promised and you don't have yet must come to pass. God's Word will not return unto him void. So don't go crazy when you don't see, feel, or hear the Lord working on your situation because if the truth be told he's not. God's already finished your situation and sat down. Stay focused on the Promises of God despite your circumstances, because its already done! Pastor Stephen F. Smith-www.greaterdestiny.org

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Thank you for sharing these words of encouragement!

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Very encouraging to stay focused on truth. Some do believe to have strife means you are not faithful to the Word, but all have been warned of this; we just need to have in our hearts the goodly ground for the word to be planted firmly, and not be ground in which it'll only endure for a time.

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    This is really encouraging. Within the past few months my devotion centred on trusting and waiting on God. I realise that so often our lack of patience can prevent us from receiving God's blessings. I have had my share of disappointments, shadows of darkness, BUT when I look and see the promises of God I become encouraged. I believe that since we live in a fast paced world where everything is instant, we can come to think that everything must happen on our time schedule. God says he will never leave nor forsake..So often we trust others but when it comes to God we become anxious and worried. Thanks for posting.