Chevron Dove : STATURE LIKE A PALM TREE—What Would That Look Like?

Discussion in 'Chevron Dove' started by Chevron Dove, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    May 7, 2009
    In SONG OF SOLOMON Chapter Seven (7) the author, Solomon describes the Shulamite maiden that he introduces in the beginning of this book in the Holy Bible as having a Stature like ‘A PALM TREE’ and this would confirm his description of her hair. In other scripture in this song, Solomon describes her hair as being like “A FLOCK OF GOATS FROM MOUNT GILEAD’ and also as being ‘LOCKS between her temples. So I think it would be a good to post some picture references along with my other research about this book of SONG OF SOLOMON:

Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries. How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights! This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;… SONG OF SOLOMON 7:5-8.

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead. SONG OF SOLOMON 4:1.

Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks. SONG OF SOLOMON 4:3.