Black People : State of the Black Union

Oh, that's easy. The promises that America that it made at its inception. The promise of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. We all know that we have been struggling to make that a reality for African-Americans. And the discussion is about how to make that real.

peace,

no disrespect intended, but do you have any of that that was promised to you? Do any of our people? When you are driving down the street and you hear a siren, do you grab the wheel tighter?

you see it's not so easy!

you are talking about a promise that was made to THEMSELVES while we were slaves.. in 1776 were you free brother? don't they despise your life? do they not deny you liberty? do they not set up road blocks everytime they see you pursuing your means to hapiness?

I don't know who "we" is that has been pursuing that goal that you speak of because i can only speak for me...I for one am not pursuing that goal for it does not exist in that context!!

I am because i know who i am and empty words written on a piece of worthless paper by one who seeks to imitate me not will fool me into thinking i only have life, libery and happiness because of that same piece worthless piece of paper written (something foreign to our enemy until our 19th dynasy & only 1 book was finally produced by Homer @ this True Eye Master Equality)......

Paper (papyrus), a word they got from us as well as ink (somebody help me with the original term for ink please it escapes me write now) and word (logos).

as KRS-ONE said in a video posted in another thread recently:

"i don't need hope, i have knowledge of self"

:read:

You know I know this may sound a little crazy black people. But maybe that is not the destiny that we should be pursuing.
Maybe we have to start seeing that promise for what it is..

I don't think it is wrong to pursue the promise. Because if there is no point in pursuing it, then I don't understand why we come here.

We want the absolute best for our people. And as I said in the other thread, that must be the starting point for everyone. If we can't agree on that foundation, then something has gone horribly wrong.

peace,

no disrespect intended, but do you have any of that that was promised to you? Do any of our people? When you are driving down the street and you hear a siren, do you grab the wheel tighter?

you see it's not so easy!

you are talking about a promise that was made to THEMSELVES while we were slaves.. in 1776 were you free brother? don't they despise your life? do they not deny you liberty? do they not set up road blocks everytime they see you pursuing your means to hapiness?

I don't know who "we" is that has been pursuing that goal that you speak of because i can only speak for me...I for one am not pursuing that goal for it does not exist in that context!!

I am because i know who i am and empty words written on a piece of worthless paper by one who seeks to imitate me will fool me into thinking i am only have life, libery and happiness because of that same piece worthless piece of paper......

Paper (papyrus), a word they got from us as well as ink (somebody help me with the original term for ink please) and word (logos).

as KRS-ONE said in a video posted in another thread recently:

"i don't need hope, i have knowledge of self"

:read:

No disrespect taken. . .so I hope you don't feel disrespected. In my statement, I am quite sure I conveyed the opinion that most Africans in this country feel like America has not lived up to its promises in any way, shape, or form. Most people watching the symposium is going to gather that opinion from the panelists there.

I am not sure why I earned a history lesson on Africans in America. But I think we should engage in a mature discussion about Africans in America and what we should do.

Simply stating what is happening to our people is not getting us closer to a solution.

No disrespect taken. . .so I hope you don't feel disrespected. In my statement, I am quite sure I conveyed the opinion that most Africans in this country feel like America has not lived up to its promises in any way, shape, or form. Most people watching the symposium is going to gather that opinion from the panelists there.

I am not sure why I earned a history lesson on Africans in America. But I think we should engage in a mature discussion about Africans in America and what we should do.

Simply stating what is happening to our people is not getting us closer to a solution.

peace brother,

none taken as well..

it was not a history lesson, just making the distinction between the true scribes and the thieves & liars of the same......

so I hope you don't feel disrespected. In my statement, I am quite sure I conveyed the opinion that most Africans in this country feel like America has not lived up to its promises in any way, shape, or form. Most people watching the symposium is going to gather that opinion from the panelists there.
- forgive me if i missed that opinion...but how can you speak for most Africans in this country? I surely won't try to do that. How do you feel about it? As i can only speak for myself outside of what i have studied of our own!

I am currently listening to Tavis Smiley who is questioning "president" Obama & his selections for his cabinet....here you go listen for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDIpTBaTab4

now this brother pushed, as many of our people did for Obama to be "elected" & he along with MANY others are now feeling like they have been bamboozled again by a FALSE PROMISE!!!!

"the difference between a magician & a fool is that the fool thinks the man everyone is focused on is actually a magician"

Brother Info © 2009

a true magician knows better....as they called us "magicos" when they saw our high civilizations and said that only a people that knew magic could create all of this......

- not another Our-story lesson brother, just truth!

peace brother,

none taken as well..

it was not a history lesson, just making the distinction between the true scribes and the thieves & liars of the same......

- forgive me if i missed that opinion...but how can you speak for most Africans in this country? I surely won't try to do that. How do you feel about it? As i can only speak for myself outside of what i have studied of our own!

I am currently listening to Tavis Smiley who is questioning "president" Obama & his selections for his cabinet....here you go listen for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDIpTBaTab4

now this brother pushed, as many of our people did for Obama to be "elected" & he along with MANY others are now feeling like they have been bamboozled again by a FALSE PROMISE!!!!

"the difference between a magician & a fool is that the fool thinks the man everyone is focused on is actually a magician"

Brother Info © 2009

a true magician knows better....as they called us "magicos" when they saw our high civilizations and said that only a people that knew magic could create all of this......

- not another Our-story lesson brother, just truth!

Hmmm. . .liars, scribes, and thieves. Yeah.

Your question really points to a larger issue. Who are Africans? And what in the world do they want?

Because maybe you don't know, maybe no one knows. Maybe this forum is a waste of material.

Sufficed to say, I am not sure why you posted in my thread?

As for Tavis supporting Obama, I am just flabberghasted. I don't know what your point is African-centered one. But I will tell you this,

Somehow, someway, Africans have to figure out who they are and what they want.
If you think such an action is bad, just say so. Why you got all political I dunno. But Tavis has constructed an effort that has been running for ten years. To my knowledge no one else in our community has been able to generate such interest. The symposium is supposed to gather diverse views from all parts of the community. As you may have read, I mentioned Farrakhan. Two years, he gave a beautiful speech about how Africans needed to construct their own system in America. The problem was that it lacked a real plan for implementation. His speech though rightfully critical of America, its political system, its justice system, and its education system, didn't answer the question about what we are supposed to do.

I think a valid criticism of the symposium is that it doesn't look at other Africans who may have different solutions and in addition are working on plans to implement them. Dr. Claude Anderson comes to mind.

Anyway, like I said, I am not sure where you are. I introduced the subject because 6000 Africans attended the event. The viewing audience is quite substantial and it is a significant event even if most here dislike it. I think they do a good job of trying to talk about the issues and ways to solve them.

But still I would like to see more diversity. They have a habit of convicting certain sub-groups without having those sub-groups there to rebut.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back