Black People : State of the Black Union 2007

Da Street So'ja said:
when it come on in early Feb 2007?
I saw it, the same day Barack Obama kicked off his campaign in Illinois.

The panel with Cornell West was very critical of Barak's not attending the State of the Union.

After viewing the program I later purchased "The Covenant In Action".

Da Street So'ja said:
for your comment

i've watched for the past 3 or 4 years
but i don't hear much about the follow through of the proposals that they make
and i haven't read the convenant yet (sad right)
but now i will make it my business to read it

and your comment about "ok there's a book to read where's the action"

i think says my thoughts exactly

peace and love
and thank you for your thorough comment

The problem here is that the panelists themselves represent the Crisis of the Black Intelligensia---Their ivory tower positions and marginalization from and alienation of the Black grass-roots organizing MASSES.

Plain, and simple.....

OmowaleX said:
The problem here is that th panelists themselves represent the Crisis of the Black Intelligensia---Their ivory tower positions and marginalization from and alienation of the Black grass-roots organizing MASSES.

Plain, and simple.....

Brother OmowaleX, would you elaborate please? I think I understand what you are saying, but I just want to be clear. Are you stating that the Black Intelligensia has no real power given their "positions" appointed by the oppressor without fundamental roots in the interests of the Diasporic African people in America.

i remember writing in my poem 9-1-1

I wish we had the guts balls or resolve to make tall buildings fall and a sick nation crawl....

I didn't write that wishing death for nearly 3000 people, but as I reflected on the tragedy of 9/11 - I said day-am - Bin Ladin had a 20 year beef with America, and this is how he handled it.....ours is over 500 years, and we have never struck out with such force.....interesting...we will march, and write books, but strike with fury against the master? -I don't think so-

my solution is in the thread "what black folks should do now"

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
Brother OmowaleX, would you elaborate please? I think I understand what you are saying, but I just want to be clear. Are you stating that the Black Intelligensia has no real power given their "positions" appointed by the oppressor without fundamental roots in the interests of the Diasporic African people in America.

As I explained to my daughter, how can I take the word of a Harvard Professor when I see no mass organization or mass mobilization. I am not one to sing priaes for Obama but the panels criticism of him left me wondering if their Plan of Action is an attempt to lead black folks into the ideological camp of Hillarry Clinton.

So, yes, their appoited positions within the capitalist think tanks and ivory towers in itself co-opts their service to the masses. Petty-bourgeoisie idendify primarily with other petty-bourgeoisis, and bourgeois class interests dominates their political action.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back