Black People : State of the Black Masses

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, May 15, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings All!

Bringing you some hard, cold, statistically proven FACTS about what's happening in the Margins of this Madness.

[​IMG]

This is an RBG Street Scholar Production:

RBGz State of the Black
    (Afrikans in Amerikkka) Masses

These statistics appear in the book, The American Directory of Certified Uncle Toms (Chicago: Lushena, 2002) .

[​IMG]

The American Directory of Certified Uncle Toms is a [toms] well documented, scholarly, and witty critique of the most stridently "Eurocentric" elements of the black community. The book clearly distinguishes black interests (economic, political, and creative Black self-determination) from the practices of Black Eurocentrists (undermining grassroots black leadership, justifications for white supremacy, artistic portrayals of black pathology for financial gain, and fronting anti-Black agendas with no accountability to Black constituencies). Finally, we have a publication that courageously critiques white-liberalism, black conservatism, elitism in the black upper and middle classes, and an inordinate Zionist influence (the section where Ron Dellums was forced to have a family meeting because he feared a political backlash for not supporting aid to Isreal was especially telling). Whether you agree or disagree with all entries (Dubois and Washington both with five stars!), The American Directory of Certified Uncle Toms is an important work.Those who view these devastating facts must question the "civil rights" coalition leadership that led us here. As Blacks, we are responsible for allowing ourselves to be misled and deceived into this sad state of affairs. If you are not engaged in some effort to reverse one or more of these statistics you have sentenced us and yourself to total destruction.

POVERTY

[​IMG] While constituting roughly 13% of the total
    population, Black America represents nearly..

to continue go here:
    http://www.zimbio.com/RBG+Afrikan-+...09/RBG+Street+Scholars+Think+Tank+State+Black

2. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

SPEAKFREEDOMnet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +147
    Very Interesting...

no replies, only 47 views and near the bottom of the page...lets give this a second read.

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Reply to what? No one asked any questions. Do you mean no comments? I'll make a comment...

Thank you for posting the information.

4. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    Perhaps Sista Destee can add a "post comment" button next to the "post reply" button below to help keep us from confusing one another.:uhoh:

...and i second the thanks to truetothecause.

5. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I dont need to ask...
    I's Have it!

Okay Okay....

All in favor.....

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thanks for bumping this back up SPEAKFREEDOMnet!

Edward is correct when he states there was no question as my purpose for sharing was to provide some factual information based on scientifically gathered data, on the matter.
    Also, I wanted to share the works done by this Brother Warrior RBG. He has put in tons of work to educate and raise the awareness of us all, and in particular, to provide a culturally appropriate space by which our youth can learn, providing culturally relevant information and always focusing on honoring our Ancestors.
    What I have shared here is a minute taste of what he has to offer and is part of the communiversity concept he has developed.

Edward Williams, thank you for listening to my sharing.

It is also always interesting to me how many people view a topic yet say nothing. It’s interesting to see what people do respond/reply and/or comment on, on these forums.
    Statistical data is said to be gathered in an attempt to KNOW the factors supporting particular problems. Once this knowledge is acquired, the goal is to develop strategies to reduce, minimize or eliminate the problem area.
    Providing this information here then also serves the purpose of allowing people the opportunity of having valid data
    While I have not read the book, and therefore have no knowledge of the author’s views on causation or potential solutions to the problem, I do know that this information may be useful to someone reading this forum.
    A “thank you for sharing” is the least anyone can offer in response to this post yet, we seem to have been programmed towards something other than simply acknowledging what we each have to give in this Liberation struggle.
    So be it.
    Thanks You Brother SPEAKFREEDOMnet for BE~ing here!

One last thing SPEAKFREEDOMnet…what were your thoughts and/or feelings when reviewing the data?

In regards to the rest of the discussion and the suggestion you posed and Princess Platinumillity call for a vote,…

I doubt that the forum can or ought add another button. The ‘system’ is probably not established to make such a differentiation between “replies” and “comments”. It will be on US to make that distinction and act accordingly.

M.E.

:hearts2:

7. The_emperor

The_emperor New Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    We have to....

We have to take control of our economic situation if we plan to change this. Every ill we have in our community is tied to our economic ignorance and/or attitude.

We can not continue to think we are fighting a spiritual, religious, or political fight. We are fighting for money.

Why didn't Bob Johnson's children go through the same pains as mine? M-O-N-E-Y. Once we have it and pool it...we can change our plight.

9. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    Uhuru Sista truetothecause,

Please forgive the delay in responding. I've been out of the city for the past several days.

Most importantly..I see it as undeniable "handwriting on the wall". The data show and proves the fallacy of Africans achieving justice, equality or freedom within this colony called america. The colonizer has clearly demonstrated that he is unwilling to compromise his postion. Why? because it fundamentally contradicts his "business plan". 500 plus is long enough to conclude this! (more on this later)

Also the data is extremely vital to our progress in two ways (i'm sure there are others).
    1. It serves to counter the colonizers propaganda: the 'struggle' is no longer relevant, race relations are better, Africans have themselves only to blame for their condition, intergration was a good thing for Africans, freedom can be achieved through non-violent dialogue or by joining the political process, etc. The data helps to seperate rhetoric from facts.

2. It serves as a dose of reality for Africans who have been deceivingly lured into the foreign concept of individualism. 6-figure salaries, condos, SUV'S and 401k's for a few does not replace justice, equality and freedom for all! In fact we must view the data you provided 'knit firmly' with the data of Africans through out the diaspora in order to get a true and realistic analysis of our progress. How can I consider myself free when my family is eating mud in Haiti?

The man who has bread to eat does not appreciate the severity of a famine. (Yoruba)

Imagine if you will a man wrongly convicted of a crime and sentenced to life in prison. He is placed in a bare concrete 6x9 cell with no bed, no windows and given nothing but bread and water once a day. No music, no reading, no pencil and paper, nothing but a bare concrete cell.

After several years and back problems the man and his lawyer strike up the courage to protest his living conditions as a prisoner. After unexpected media exposer the warden decides to give the man a bigger cell which includes a window and a queen size bed to appease the situation.

It works for awhile..until another protest some time later over the quality of food being served. Being distured once again by the negative press and the threat of losing funding, the warden orders the prisoner 3 square meals a day to be prepared by a private chef. Attempting to quiet the prisoner once and for all the warden also places a flat screen tv on the wall in front of the queen size bed.

Well lets just say the man now has it made..especially in comparison to the rest of the inmates. Needless to say the man becomes a thorn in the side of the warden. Although the man's presence ensures the wardens profit margin, the warden is vexed because it's clear that the man is "pimping" the system for his own personal gain.

Then suddenly the lawyer gets some great news. All the hard work has paid off. His client is being release due to fraudulent evidence and testimony. The guards open the cell gate and tell the man that the warden has ordered his release and that he is free to go..at which time the man replies..what? and leave all this good stuff!

Uhuru Now!

“I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.” Harriet Tubman 1820-1913

10. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    BlacKTasTically summarized and stated!!!
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

M.E.
    :hearts2: