Black People : STARTING OUR OWN BUSINESS( PLEASE DICUSS)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ibrahim, Dec 13, 2005.

?

STARTING OUT OWN BUSINESS. LETS DICUSS THIS IN CHAT.WHEN?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2006.
  1. FIRST MONTH OF JANUARY 2006

100.0%
  2. ENDING OF DECEMBER 2005

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    We all know the power Unity, espcially financial unity or strenght. I was wondering today if the family here could come together and set up businesses like Barber Shops, Salons restaurants, coffee stands, car washing base or anything that could bring in money because this could go a long to better lives in black communities throughout the united states or anywhere else.
    We could start by saving bit by bit into a special "pot" and the money realised at the end of the year or month could be used to at least provide a job or income for people living in poor black communities.

I believe every member of this family be it doctors, nurse, teachers, house wives, jobless people, bus drivers, students, self employed people e.t.c can do something or could assist in starting out own business.

We could invest in anything, right from toilet paper right up to purchasing stocks in the market.

I know many people wouldn't like this idea because paying $10 a month to support DESTEE is a problem...but hey im just making a suggestion

Let's dicuss...............................

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Sounds like a good idea....but what specifically do you have in mind? I mean what would make the idea materialize in a way that African people would a benefit without it being too risky a venture? Personally, I don't come from a business background, so I'd need some clarification. Thanks for the idea to brainstorm 'cause economic empowerment is important! :)

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Ibrahim ... i think this is a wonderful idea! You know what's more wonderful than the idea? It's the fact that the idea is coming from a young Brother of ours, one who they'd have us believe would never be interested in such things as this, in your blessed youth! I'm so proud of you!

It is difficult to get us to trust each other, depend on each other, and have faith in each other. Basically, loving each other. I believe this is what keeps us from realizing the greatness that is due us.

I'm with you Brother Ibrahim, willing to do all i can to help.

:heart:

Destee

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    yeah; there's a thought floating around the back of my mind about an "enterprise encubator" or something ....

why not launch a "virtual corporation" (or four) here at destee.com?

frankly, that would be really handy to me since i just about refuse to talk to white "people" about anything and that is all there is around here!! even worse, they wind up being the ones that i wind up getting referenced to anyway!! and there's an idea or two floating up here that could use some staffing ...

5. ibrahim

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

I don't come from a business backgroud either but little drops of water makes an ocean.
    I don't know how a Non profit organization is been run but i think there should be a Non Profit Organization that could make sure that cultural awareness for people of the initial descent is promoted. It could also help those in financial need and also set up minor businesses in black communities to creat employment for black folks. This could go a long way to reduce the rate at which drugs is being pumped in the communities.

I think we will need a data base to monitor transactions and a problem resolution procedure to resolve conflicts. A clear business plan would help guide the venture and we may want to define the parameters on which we want the entity to operate under.

6. ibrahim

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    :ilu:

Sister Destee, once we are able to get that idea or perception about not trusting each at the back of our heads we can do something big. Unity is power.

Im glad you are behind me! :ilu:

7. ibrahim

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    Is there any of you with an Idea..
    Im thinking of one and will post it soon.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    There are a lot of writers here who could be utilizing their skills creating websites for Google Adsense. This is easy and fun, though it does require a lot of Internet marketing skills to be successful.

But as far as black-owned businesses... daycare is one that is booming where I'm at.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I love the idea we could start it up and make a change in life
    i'm wit it so count me in !

10. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I'm definitely in. The trust issue is very real around here though. The good thing is it only takes a small and dedicated bunch to make it happen.