Black People : Starting a book borrowing or book trading thing.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Dany_Bill, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dany_Bill

Dany_Bill Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone interested in doing something like that. Something that Men Nefer posted had me thinking about that. I just might have a few books or magazies that folks might be interested in checking out. Maybe you do too. Any ideas on starting something like that? I'll be back to check this post tomorrow.

2. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    that sounds like a great idea..... i also got some books people should check out too.... count me in

3. Dany_Bill

Ratings:
    +3

Ok cool. I'll make a list of stuff I got when I can and post it up. Anyone else interested? Any other ideas on how this may work?

4. Dany_Bill

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok. Here are some ideas. If you see any books you'd like to borrow or trade hit me up with the private message. If you are borrowing, you send it back you could throw a postage stamp or 2 or 3 in there (to help with other books) and send it back in 2 to 4 weeks. If there is a trade then its even. Work out a date when you'll send it so the other person can know when expect it.

Here are some books I have......

1. The Kundalini Equation by Stephen Barnes.

Description : A young man in present-day Los Angeles sets out on an obsessive quest for physical fitness, and inadvertently stumbles on a discipline of martial arts, meditation, and fasting that releases the full, uncontrolled power of his mind and body.

Those who like science fiction and or martial art my dig this one.

2. Bantu Philosophy by Placide Temples.

Description : (from Wikipedia) Bantu Philosophy (La philosophie bantoue in French) is a 1945 book written by Placide Tempels which argues that the people of Sub-Saharan Africa (or Bantu people) have a distinctive philosophy, and attempts to describe the underpinnings of that philosophy.

In his book, Tempels argues that the African philosophical categories can be identified through the categories inherent to language. According to Tempels, the primary metaphysical category in Bantu thought is Force. That is, reality is dynamic, and being is force.

Might be good for someone trying to learn more about as the titles says....Bantu Philosophy.

3. The River War by Winston Churchill.

Description : The classic account if Churchills combat experiences as a young Lancer in the cockpit of desert warfare....the Soudan.

For those interested in learning a little bit about the Sudan. And what was going on then. Also as one reviewer said on Amazon I think might give you a little insight or a "history kinda repeats itself" kinda feel as far as the Iraq war. Just maybe.

4. Ancient Secrets Of The Fountain Of Youth by Peter Kelder.

Description : A little book with yoga exercises to help you keep fit.

5. KMT : In The House Of Life by Ayi Kwei Amrah.

A revelation, in fiction based on historical research, of hidden linkages between the pharaonic scribes of ancient Africa, the oral traditionalists of the feudal empires, and the scholars of contemporary Africa.

I am not done with this yet. Next week.

EDIT : I aint got the pm option yet. So reply to this post if you are interested unitl I get the pm option.

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Hello Dany Bill :wave:

You may want to post your collection in the forum dedicated to Black Authors, books etc:

http://destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

.. as your thread may become lost here in the quicker moving open forum. I'm quite interested in a book exchange!

Zulile