Black People : Star Jones Dropped!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Fine1952, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    [​IMG]
    http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/38294/

AmeriKKKa loves the 'mammy' image!

A Black woman with a shape, wits, beauty and charm does not fit the profile image to the majority of YT women

Star should never have agreed to hover under Barbara Wa-Wa's armpits anyways.

The "other" loudmouths, especially Jon Behar---were less of an intellectual match anyway.

--------

When will black people learn {i.e. especially the learned** that this cultural group harbors: hate, envy and jealousy at the deepest levels of their consciousness?

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I think they were just having problems with her persona, because they were thinking of replacing her with Sheryll Lee Ralph, and she has no mammy appeal to her. Also, they were considering Mo'Nique. Boy will they have their hands full. She will raise their ratings sky high!!

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I forgot, Sheryll Lee Ralph IS married to a white man. So much for the "perfect" Black woman representing in the media.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Fine1952 ... thanks for starting this thread! I have an opinion and wanna share it! :hearthis:

I've not read the links you shared above, but i've been following this story, and while i may not have liked or agreed with all that Star did or said ... she does not deserve this low-down raggedy way she's being treated!

First of all, Rosie O'Donnell's big fat nasty sloppy man look'n self needs to shut the hell up! Here Barbara Walters is wanting to present herself as the highly esteemed, with much integrity, long time first female journalist who ever done anything worth doing ... while snickering with this man look'n woman about a person who has been on her team for 9 years ... since the inception of the show ??!!! I have lost all respect for Barbara Walters ... i mean ... if i ever had any at all.

Okay, in light of that HOSTILE WORKING ENVIRONMENT Star says nothing and continues working ... watching all of this and knowing what she knows ... thinking of what lie she will tell, as they suggested she do ... they are so full of :censored:

Then ... i saw Star on Larry King last night ... and his old wrinkled up decrepit look'n like life is pumped in to him thru a tube ... had the nerve to be all funky and white as per usual ... whew!

I'm glad that Star handled her departure from that show, just like she did. It actually makes me very proud of her! I wish her the very best that life has to offer!

Sister Fine1952 ... i hadn't even thought of that mammy stuff ... see ... low-down and dirty!

Okay ... i'm done now ... thanks for obliging me.

:heart:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Not to change the topic ... but i'm still mad about Judge Mablean gett'n fired!

Destee

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    agreed about not wanting to change the subject, however, i notice something here that was biting me all day yesterday:

why won't this space allow the usage of the right curly bracket? this ->"**" was a right curly bracket aka shift-] . ???

and as far as the star jones thing goes: establish our own content development/DELIVERY systems and what do we then care about how they treat our "celebrities".

(can we now stop asking the same questions we have been asking for hundreds of years, acknowledge the known, established fact that "yes that is the way it is and that is the way the do us" and move on?? p-p-please? [if it weren't so much work, i would chase around in behind each and every thread/post and keep nagging on this question. either one of three things would happen: we'd get moving, i'd get banned, or i'd hit the ignore list .. if i ain't there already ... - i'm not real sure where i'd put my money ...] )

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I don't know the answer to your question. I'll contact tech support and see what they say ... :wink:

I agree.

Brother anAfrican ... asking a question is a very direct way to obtaining an answer. I don't believe it's something we want to discourage, even if the question has been asked a million times. I can understand you not wanting to answer it a million times, in which case, you can simply pass it by ... and someone else may respond.

We are not all at the same level, with the same understanding and knowledge. As a result, some will ask questions that you've answered long ago, many times before. That's okay. Let them ask. Direct them to the answer. It's a beautiful thing.

Destee

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i really meant that more in the sense of "we know the answer to that, now let's get the job done". and yes; the answers are known! it's just that it is also know that the comforts and conveniences are gonna hafta go to get that job done, so it is easier to just continue asking the same questions. <shrug>

why can't folks figure out the answers? they got the same grey matter between the ears as everybody else! this concept that some can and some can't is bs pounded in so that folks just won't do their own thinking and have to turn to somebody (white folks, of course!) for answers. it is very sad, and par for the program that our very own keep bringing out these same useless patent answers? "divide and conquer". "use their own strength against them". "internalized oppression". "you are the Axe." "the God within." ... ...

(oh this place!! i'm back to jumping on the site as soon as i finish brushing my teeth, and sitting here until my empty tummy pains dump me onto the floor. at which point i drag myself into the kitchen for another peanut butter jelly sandwich and come back; repeat until my head hits the table cause i can't stay awake no more; fall across to bed and get up in a little while and repeat! i gotta go eat!! and, yup; there's the mailman and i ain't made up my bills or got them clothes out of the dryer cause i been sitting here. time to go cash that check (ain't gonna play this society's game and have to put up with being dissed everyday in the workplace - they been sending me a "nut check" every month because i told them that eventually my picture would prolly wind up on the post office wall somewhere cause they were tired of losing game wardens trying to flush me out of the woods!! i was there too! had me a 30-06, 10 gauge pump, and 12 gauge with a mag, my pickup, fishin gear and enough canvas for as large a shelter as i meeded. (i remeber the time i came into town after being surprised by that cub. fortunately, ringo (a silly little buck wild pit) warned us and we managed to bring that sucker down. used some of that grease to seal my boots. forgot about that when i came to town and couldn't figure out why the city dogs were tripping so tough: greased boots had them thinking that there was a bear in town!!) <shrug> but i dumped it all when i came back to town. ... oops, sorry; too hungry to think straight. i'm outa here ... for a while ...)

9. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    America media loves frail women with long hair and nice teeth who speak in "uncertain" interrogative tone. Even when the statement is clearly declarative.
    Star was not that. Although she appears to have tried mighty hard. I recall when she was the only one speaking up for the young Sister who was assaulted by the Duke (blue) devils.
    I figured it was only a matter of time. Disclaimer: Wifey was watching it. I hate the show (and especially that blond republican wench) :mad:

10. Mapman

Mapman New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Frankly...I hate that show...I wish the rest of e'm would be off my tv.