Black People : Star Jones Announces Exit

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Urban_News, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Urban_News

Urban_News Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    posted by: The Urban Celebrity News Network

Star Jones, one of the original co-hosts of ABC's The View, announced yesterday that she will be leaving the popular talk show after nine seasons.

"Something's been on my heart for a little bit...after much prayer and counsel I feel like this is the right time to tell you that the show is moving in another direction for its tenth season, and I will not be returning as co-host next year."

Jones' exit from The View is hardly a surprise, but her on-air announcement shocked everyone at ABC, in particular the shows co-host and producer Barbara Walters who told the associated press that Jones' announcement was scheduled for Thursday not Tuesday.

But in the end Jones decided to take control of the situation and move past what had become a seemingly rocky relationship between herself and executives at ABC.

Jones recently told PEOPLE magazine that she felt "fired" by network executives after learning that her contract was not going to be renewed for the tenth straight year. And that she only found out about her contractual status just days before reports surfaced that Rosie O'Donnell – one of her most vocal critics – would be joining The View this fall.

Walters, who was unaware of the PEOPLE magazine interview, told the associated press that ABC network execs made a decision not to renew Reynolds' contract because their research showed that Reynolds' dramatic weight loss and 2004 wedding to banker Al Reynolds had turned viewers off.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Those white women wanted her gone anyway.
    Yes she got married and lost weight that's great!
    But she was getting way too much attention for them.
    Hell she made the show!
    Now they want to replace her with a white lesbian who's show was cancelled shortly after she came out?:confused:
    Now the show is all white just the way they wanted it!
    I use to love that show when I was off of work!
    I will not be watching it anymore!

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    oh, so that answers my internal question of "what's a star jones" and "why is it important". (i don't do their media; haven't in most of a decade, or more.) on the other hand, given that it is more of that white folks media, it still isn't important, inasmuch as any of their "media" is really only lies and propaganda and is only "important" in knowing what they are saying.

on the other hand, trying to keep up to date with what anybody is saying negatively takes away all the energy one could be using for one's own growth. as evidenced by our current status, no?

we truly need to just flat stop participating in anything that they have going on. we have television station owners; we have media production house owners; we have media content generation personnel - why are we still seeking to use their methods of media dissemination? there must be non-white people from whom we can purchase/lease transponder access in lieu of our own ability to get satellites into orbit, no?

folks can talk about "business" and "banking" ventures with/for/by our own, but being able to spread accurate, relevant information, WITHOUT THAT INFORMATION BEING "APPROVED" BY WHITE PEOPLE is the only way that any of the other stuff is ever gonna work!! (and even the "Black Owned and Operated" media outlets we do have have to function under the rules and structures approved by white people!! heck, even those business and banking ventures do!! one can't get a business license unless one is "allowed to" by them, eh? and trying to market all of that to our own? remember "Black Wall Street"??)

but i reckon we in such a fog (based on what we get from white media outlets!!) about all non-white people, EVEN OUR OWN!, that it would prolly not be "politically correct" to suggest approaching, say, china?, to look into the idea of making use of their launch facilities to get our own stuff into orbit. (although, i seem to remember having read mention of such facilities in south america? and india?) ... <sigh> of course, we'd have to (for the moment) approach someone else to build, lease, or buy the danged earth stations, satellites, and launch vehicles in the first place ...

"rosie o'donnell"?? gag me with a pitch fork! "baba wawa"? she's been senile since dirt was young!! and her reasoning was what? "abc network research" showed "weight loss and marriage to a banker" "turned viewers off"??!! sounds like more of their "forked tongue speak" to me ..

free your mind of the booby trap: tune out, turn off and throw away that boob tube!

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    if true, this is sick.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    what strikes me as sicker is the difference between what star said and what baba said. given the notion that people mag reported that star said she "found out about her contractual status just days before reports surfaced" that "one of her most vocal critics - would be replacing her in the fall", i'd have to wonder if what baba reported was some of that "real politik speak" ...

but, either way; yeah - sick! they self-destructing all over the place!! and we are gonna suffer the "collateral damage".