Black Short Stories : Star child

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by soulful2006, Aug 6, 2005.

1. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    "True as that may be we need somebody with some real talent that isn't afraid of what they can do." The voice of the producer still rang in her ears. She was all of the above but she was afraid of her gift. Felicia wanted to be a star. At this present time she settled for small gigs here and there to keep her dream alive. She just wanted to get that big break, the thing that would put her right on :darts: target for the fast track to super stardom. Nothing stood in her way now except for her boyfriend Derrick. He was the jealous type who didn't want her to leave his side for anything in the world not even her music. He would tell her all the time ,"You don't need that stupid music you got me. I should be the most important thing to you." Felicia never got a moment to herself or her music with Derrick around, but whenever her freinds would ask why she wouldn't leave she would fall into her mantra of how he needed her and she couldn't just walk out on her man.
    Now was her big chance to make the dream come alive all she had to do was go in to the auditions for the back up singer and she would be on her way. Easier said than done for this young songstress. When she told Derrick about the audition he immediately said he would have no part of it and neither would she. " You ain't got no time for no singing not while you taking care of me." She pleaded with him to let her go just his once and if she didn't make it she would forget about music forever. Again Derrick said no. This time Felicia knew she couldn't back down she stood up from the table and told Derrick, "I 'm going to this audition whether you want me to or not." Derrick jumped up in a fit of rage and started yelling and shouting at Felicia at the top of his lungs. Felicia still intent on going :argue: back at him. The :argue: continued until Derrick reached back and smacked Felicia across the face. She fell to the floor in disbelief. Derrick tried to help her up and apologize but it was too late. Felicia snatched away from him and went to the bedroom.
    When Derrick had made it to the door of their bedroom Felicia was packing her clothes in a bag. "Baby don't leave I'm sorry I won't do it again." She didn't say a word, she walked past him and threw the key to the appartment on the floor. As she walked out the door she could her him yell after her, "Fine then don't come back I didn't want yo stupid a** anyway. I don't need you...."
    Felicia cried as she got ont he bus :bus: to go tot he audition. She didn't know what to do now that she had no place to go if she didn't become a back up singer. She met an older lady on the bus who talked to her. " Baby what's wrong? Don't want to talk that's ok. You know you too pretty to be crying like you are. Whatever it is you'll be alright just remember that whatever it is God's got it under control . Now you cheer up cause you gone be just fine." The old lady got off the bus and as she did Felicia realized that she would be alright no matter what happened.
    Soon Felicia had reached her destination and she was next to audition. She sang "I'm goin' down" by Mary J. Blige. When she was finished the producer stood up and said " We can send everybody else home we've found our new back up singer." Felicia jumped for joy and from that day forward she never doubted herself again.

So you want to know what happened to Felicia. She made her dream come true. As for Derrick he still can't get a girl. Yeah Felicia rid herself of mess :garbage: and excess garbage.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    that's what he was afraid of she might hit stardom and leave his behind out !
    fire & desire can bring upliftment great story line .....star child .....

3. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Thank you as always you still see the meaning in what i write whether in poetry or in a story. I plan on a part two I've got plenty of stories about star children in my head.

4. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    brief & 2 the point! thanks 4 telling us this story.

lookin 4ward 2 mor :read:

5. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +220
    this was a delightful story

more women should be like Felicia
    having dreams and standards and
    refusing to allowing anyone to suppress them

nice write

Coco

6. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Nice story soulful. Wonderful to see how her dream game true once she got rid of him.