Black Christians : Standing on the Promises of God

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by cherryblossom, Sep 11, 2010.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Read these promises of God below

I will put you in charge of many things – Mat 25:21
    Nothing will be impossible to you – Mat 17:20
    I will restore health to you – Jere 30:17
    I will lengthen your days – 1 Kings 3:14
    I will give you rest – Mat 11:28
    Surely I will bless you – Heb 6:14
    If you believe, you will see the glory of God – John 11:40

Don’t you feel motivated?, Don’t you feel your sprit is filled with joy and happiness?

YES, this is what I was talking about. When you feed the promise of God into your heart and mind, your soul gets refreshed. You will gain the strength to live in this world without any worry and sorrow. Your prayers will be answered and you will be loved by God.

As I have mentioned earlier, I have compiled many Bible Verses and have distributed to many Christians to follow the true God and to stay in Christianity.

Today, I have compiled another great edition that helps every Christian family and also Pastors, Preachers, Evangelist and everyone who believes in our true GOD.

This compilation contains 1000 Promises of God, extracted from various parts of the Bible. It will take years to find and compile these great promises of God.

http://daily.bibleversecentral.com/promises-of-god/

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    The 7 Promises Of God to Man
    We are all accustomed to promises. We are also accustomed to seeing them made and broken. Anyone who has lived for a number of years would certainly never lay claim to having kept every promise made. There are many reasons why this is true. Sometimes we forget, sometimes we are negligent, and sometimes it may be due to circumstances beyond our control.

A brokenhearted young lady will often say, "But he promised to marry me". And the answer comes back: "Yes, but I changed my mind". People do change their mind, and they do break their promises.

What about the promises of God? How certain are they? The Apostle Paul, in writing about the promises of God to Abraham, addressed the church at Rome with these words: "For the promise that he should be heir of the world, was not to Abraham or his seed through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith . . . therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed" (Romans 4:13, 16). God's promise to Abraham was first spelled out in Genesis Chapter 12. It was repeated in Chapter 22. Verse 18 reads: "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice".

Now a promise is of no more value than is the ability of the one who makes it to carry through. It also includes willingness to do so. God did carry through with Abraham. Paul points out in Galatians 3:16, that it was through Christ God intended to fulfill the promise to Abraham. Also in Acts 13:32-33, the Apostle says: "And we declare unto you glad tidings how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again."

The contour of Jesus' life, while living on earth, was shaped by his trust in the power of the promises of God. When Jesus said: "I am that bread of life", John 6:48, "I am the light of the world", John 8:12, "I am the resurrection and the life." John 11:25, He did so fully realizing that He had been empowered with this right by the Father who had promised to raise Him from the grave. There were more than 500 brethren at one time who bore witness to the fulfillment of this promise according to I Corinthians 15:1-6.

What can be said about God's promises to us?

He has promised to supply every need we have. The Bible says: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". That's Phillipians 4:19. Now notice, God has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. That would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation thru Jesus Christ. It would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs.

God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (II Corinthians 12:9). in fact, He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith. Read Ephesians 2:8. It is through an obedient faith that we have access into the grace of God according to Romans 5:2.

God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. This promise is recorded in I Corinthians 10:13. Jude wrote: "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude v 24). Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, "Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee" (Daniel 6:16). He did deliver Daniel from the den of lions.

God has promised us victory over death. He first resurrected Jesus by way of assuring our resurrection. Peter said: "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses" (Acts 2:32). Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3,4). Later on he adds: "but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Corinthians 15:57).

God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. (Read Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38).
    God has promised His people eternal life (John 10:27,28).

http://www.bible.ca/d-7promises-god.htm

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Proverbs 23:
    [17] Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
    [18] For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Psalms 40:
    [17] But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

John 16:
    [22] And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
    [23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    What one in the faith can always know is that the Father keeps His promises, no matter what. Men may waver, and people may lie, but the Father is always truthful and never breaks His Word, but shows us His Word is confirmed.

By His coming and dying for our sins, and being resurrected the 3rd day back to eternal life for our salvation, His Word was confirmed and proven to all who would believe. All we need to have is faith in His Word and belief in the resurrection and one thing cannot overcome us nor drag us down, but we will always be lifted up high in hope of His promise.