Law Forum : Spring Valley Is Everywhere: When Being A Black Girl Is Your Only Crime - Join Us Tuesday, Nov 3

White girls' suspension rate is so low that it is only about 2% across the country. Black females have a suspension rate of 6 times that at 12%. White males have a suspension rate of 6% across the country. Black Males have a suspension rate of 20%. This data was collected by the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012 study:

imrs.php

In Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu's book Conspiracy To Destroy Black Boys he makes a point that our boys are treated with hostility starting in 3rd grade. At the time when the began growth and are no longer seen as "cute" little boys.

His next series of books (3) Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys
Offers suggestions to correct the dehumanization of African American children, and tells how to ensure that African American boys grow up to be strong, committed, and responsible African American men.

Suggested reading, especially for parents raising boys. I raised a male thru high school graduation. After reading his first book, Conspiracy To Destroy Black Boys my parenting style, with the education system, took a aggressive turn. I began to assess the teachers and their attitude towards my son. When he was in high school I left instructions with his conselor and the vice principle that I would prefer if my son was not disciplined by school officials. If there was a problem I wanted to be contacted immediately. I worked a mile from the school. I explained that I do not want school discipline to interfere with the discipline he received at home.

His counselor, a white female, was very agreeable, and became my greatest ally. The principle and vice principle turned red at the suggestion. I told them my son was not to be suspended or expelled.

This created some interesting situations. The vice principle would call me for any small infraction.

Parents have the power where their kids are concerned. The system has been designed so that Black parents believe they relinquish power when their child enters the school door.

In Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu's book Conspiracy To Destroy Black Boys he makes a point that our boys are treated with hostility starting in 3rd grade. At the time when the began growth and are no longer seen as "cute" little boys.

His next series of books (3) Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys
Offers suggestions to correct the dehumanization of African American children, and tells how to ensure that African American boys grow up to be strong, committed, and responsible African American men.

Suggested reading, especially for parents raising boys. I raised a male thru high school graduation. After reading his first book, Conspiracy To Destroy Black Boys my parenting style, with the education system, took a aggressive turn. I began to assess the teachers and their attitude towards my son. When he was in high school I left instructions with his conselor and the vice principle that I would prefer if my son was not disciplined by school officials. If there was a problem I wanted to be contacted immediately. I worked a mile from the school. I explained that I do not want school discipline to interfere with the discipline he received at home.

His counselor, a white female, was very agreeable, and became my greatest ally. The principle and vice principle turned red at the suggestion. I told them my son was not to be suspended or expelled.

This created some interesting situations. The vice principle would call me for any small infraction.

Parents have the power where their kids are concerned. The system has been designed so that Black parents believe they relinquish power when their child enters the school door.

I read Part 1, it was an excellent book. I was sorry I didn't read the rest. But, he also put lot of the info on YouTube. My opinion still stands, nevertheless, and, I have a son, no daughters.

Who do you think is more affected by the School to Prison Pipeline? I ask, because I am a bit confused on why this situation has to focus on one gender. Would not the boys in that same pipeline in larger numbers need help too? I would think coming together as men and women to protect our children would create a stronger voice.
Our women.

We go nowhere and will not succeed until we protect the backbone of our people.

yeah sh*t like this piss me off, I've seen police officers abuse and manhandle black women on videos, with men standing there like cowards letting em slap or punch the woman, black women do a lot of sh*t that piss me off, like not caring about their history, but I'll never leave one em hanging to be abused by other races, I thoroughly understand the power of a united front. we don't need people laying there playing dead, something gotta change; there are too many suckers among our race holding us back

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back