Black People : Spring is Coming....

Well, I have been waiting for spring. There is a tree by the library that has the most beautiful flowers that smell absolutely.....radiant. Walking at night time to the train station, in the moonlight, is a sight to see and smell. I miss them. I never really realized how much I liked them until this year. I am waiting for those flowers to bloom, and even though I don't have a patio, I will barbecue...while playing the guitar. What will you do once spring really gets here, what do you miss about spring? Once you stop complaining about the snow and cold, what will you do to celebrate?

I'm going to start going to the beach on my off days. Starting this weekend. The water temperature is finally warming up.

given that i still have snow and cold...and more in the forecast, i'm willing to skip spring and go straight to summer...coz this winter has been a real pain in my derrierre. with that said, spring takes on a different meaning depending on where you live. when i lived in Mississippi, i use to love those april showers...and watching the flowers blooming, as all the greenery came to life. in cali, the spring didn't have much meaning. in northern ontario, you just wanna see the sun.:)

I love Spring. I await it with anticipation each and every year, for each and every year my yard blooms with a rainbow of tulips, hyacinths, tiny grape hyacinths, anemones, jonquils, King Edward and white-capped baby daffodils peeking sunny yellow faces, peonies before the garage, a rose bush near the house and bearded iris along the walk. In the Spring I become a hero to the neighborhood. People drive out of their way to and from work just to take in the beauty of my flowers. They smile to see the hope and beauty of Nature in my garden, then at me... and wave. I sometimes go into the garden, early in the morning, to marvel at the majesty of tulips "I" planted opening wide their soft, furry or paper-thin petals to receive the sun. Tulips standing like sentinels on long green stems that I can't stop staring at.....

Once summer comes and the perennials fade, I become just Kadijah from the block. Cars stop driving by and people walking past my house with upside-down smiles, barely nod. But it's all good. Spring will come again next year.

Last edited:
I love Spring. I await it with anticipation each and every year, for each and every year my yard blooms with a rainbow of tulips, hyacinths, tiny grape hyacinths, anemones, jonquils, King Edward and white-capped baby daffodils peeking sunny yellow faces, a rose bush near the house and bearded iris along the walk. In the Spring I become a hero to the neighborhood. People drive out of their way to and from work just to take in the beauty of my flowers. They smile to see the hope of Nature in my beautiful garden, then at me... and wave. I sometimes go into the garden, early in the morning, to marvel at the majesty of tulips "I" planted opening wide their soft, furry or paper-thin petals to receive the sun. Tulips standing like sentinels on long green stems that I can't stop staring at.....

Once summer comes and the perennials fade, I become just Kadijah from the block. Cars stop driving by and people walking past my house with upside-down smiles, barely nod. But it's all good. Spring will come again next year.
I always love a beautiful garden...dem bees though! They working hard all summer, I can just imagine me coming out to my garden and screaming at the sheer terror of the number of bees. Bees always follow me....anyway I digress. Sounds like you have a beautiful garden.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back