destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

During our birthday celebration Sherykah suggested a "Spoken Word" Forum where we could upload sound files of us speaking our peaces! I think it's a great idea but there are going to be strict rules here. I've listed them below, let me know if you think they're too tough and/or you see other issues we should consider.

1. Our same banned words apply in all uploaded files. If we (the Moderators or a Family Member) find a file that has included any of those words, the file will be deleted and the Member will not be able to upload sound files again. Moderators aren't paid for their contribution to this forum and I refuse to have them babysitting grown folk. Upload banned words and you'll upload no more sound files.

2. I'm thinking there will be a minimum number of posts required before you can upload a sound file. Something like 100 posts (which most of us have exceeded anyway). This allows for us to determine that a Member does understand the general house rules and intend on abiding by them.

3. I'm thinking that there will be a minimum of one file per week, per Member. Not really sure about this one, just thinking. Sound files are "heavy" and require considerable more bandwidth (cost) and I may need to try to keep this under control.

It will be a few weeks before this is fully implemented because there is some backend work required to make it functional. I personally think it's a wonderful idea and thank Sherykah for bringing it to the table.

Let me know what yall think about the above and the entire notion of being able to hear each other speak their flow!

Destee

This is where poetry lives and breathes, in my humble opinion. I am an absolute Devotee of spoken word and intend to participate and support this forum, Ms. Destee! Wow! What a wonderful way for poets, who may be a little squeamish about being on stage, to try it out, get their feet wet in this cyber womb kind of way... as well as an excellent tool for those of us to continue to hone our skills in the craft.

Brilliant! Big Big Ups to sista Sherykah for the suggestion!

Blaze the trails Destee, gurllll!

a

OH MY GOD is this crazy or what we must be on the same page i was thinking the same thing because the other day i was reading one of my pieces to my friend over the phone and we were talking about how some poetry is good for paper while some are better off in "spoken wordsz' because you get the whole vibe behind which feeds into the emotion which can totally change the interpretation of it all GREAT SUGGESTION and i am so glad that it will be put in place i am so excited

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back